• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

OIF2

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hill Country
    M1 Garand Still For Sale (New Braunfels)

Buyer backed out of sale, so back on the market.

Here's an exceptional M-1 (.30-06) that was accurized for me by the Army Marksmanship Unit at FT Benning, GA almost 20 years ago. It's an original DCM/CMP Garand, with paperwork, that I had tuned up at FT Benning by the rifle guys when I was stationed there on the USAMU Service Pistol Team. This particular rifle is a WW II Springfield receiver with a post-war SA barrel ('52). Typical post-war Army rebuild. I had the gun glass-bedded and modified to NM specs, including one-piece forend mod and NM gas system. Original GI barrel (recrowned) is mint. NM front and rear sights; superb 4.5 lb trigger. I've probably only shot this gun 100 or so rounds since the AMU built it for me. 10+ coats of tung oil was rubbed into the stock. No dings, dents, or scratches. $1350.00 FTF, central TX.

Receiver and barrel are bedded and glassed into the stock. NM front and rear sights.
    DSC_2883_zps07f8c609.jpg

DSC_2889_zps4ddfc287.jpg

DSC_2892_zps492dc992.jpg

DSC_2887_zpsb3743923.jpg

DSC_2886_zps95de769f.jpg

DSC_2888_zpse0cbc8c8.jpg

NM one-piece forend modification
    DSC_2885_zps80ece592.jpg

DSC_2891_zpsa80e5dc0.jpg
    Target Sports

Last edited:

Professor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Garland
    I carried an M1 way, way back in military school and in boot camp. I would love to have one someday, just for the memories (M1 thumb, drill team experiences, perfect cleaning for inspection, etc.), but they are not in my price range. I waited too long.

rl96ss

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    CenTex
    Geeze. .... you have some beautiful firearms. I'd pay an admission fee just to peek inside your safe(s). This one makes me feel like not paying my bills next month.

LillDragun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2012
    Texas
    Damn Bob! that a beautiful rifle! It would look great next to my M1A! If you still have it in a few months....I may be interested.

Kirium

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2014
    Great looking rifle! I'd love one like this or a 1903A3, as many others have said...I should have bought one several years ago. Do you happen to know of any bolt action military bench rest shooting clubs around the DFW area?

Semper Fidelis-
    "Always Faithful, Brothers Forever"

OIF2

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hill Country
    Still available, with a price reduction to $1300.00. We'll try this for another couple of weeks, then back in the safe with the other 6 Garands.
    Bob

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom