• zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    View attachment 381425
    View attachment 381426

Seriously though, GREASE that M1 Garand.
    See, i mix TW25B, cherrybalmz, slip2000 ewg, lubriplate, lucas red and tacky, alg go juice, and some bacon grease from last weeks breakfast, i mix it all together and put it in incredibly small containers designed to not allow you to use 25% of the product.

A 5ml bottle can be your's for the low low price of $5,300. I'll be holding a BOGO sale on the 31st of this month.
    Texas SOT

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Good for when you want the firing line to smell like breakfast.
    Oh it smells great, but I've removed all the lubricious qualities of the ingredients so it's totally ineffective!

But i did give a bottle to a guy who said he was a Navy SEAL, and i will constantly reference this in my flashy marketing programs

Spence1875

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 29, 2020
    Houston
    I have many Garands and used to shoot a ton of service rifle competitions, stick with a later style USGI plug and you are gtg unless as has been stated you are using heavy loads, 165 gr and lower at any sane velocity is no issue.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2022
    East Texas
    No, it's not. Not if you want to ensure you aren't beating your Garand to death. Literally no one with any sizeable experience with M1 recommends oil. No one.

Mush. Yes, mush. A minor typo. If this is the state of your argument, you really have nothing.

Do you even own a garand?
    WHAAAAT? Well hell’s bells, you don’t say? I’ve been using an “oil“ lubricant on my M1’s for 35 years now. Oh no, please tell me what do I do now???

If the rifle can withstand harsh places, neglect and ABUSE from the battle fields the likes of the jungles of Guadalcanal, to the sand and sea of Iwo Jima, to the rubble of concrete and clay in Verdun, the muddy, dirty wet forests of the Ardennes, to Patton’s hot desert campaign in Tunisa, then I’m sure my LP oil will work just fine at the bench on the range. Don’t be absurd, the rifle isn’t THAT fragile.

Next question?

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    WHAAAAT? Well hell’s bells, you don’t say? I’ve been using an “oil“ lubricant on my M1’s for 35 years now. Oh no, please tell me what do I do now???

If the rifle can withstand harsh places, neglect and ABUSE from the battle fields the likes of the jungles of Guadalcanal, to the sand and sea of Iwo Jima, to the rubble of concrete and clay in Verdun, the muddy, dirty wet forests of the Ardennes, to Patton’s hot desert campaign in Tunisa, then I’m sure my LP oil will work just fine at the bench on the range. Don’t be absurd, the rifle isn’t THAT fragile.

Next question?
    You said you want to prevent any access wear and tear on your rifle, grease is the single cheapest and easiest way to do it.

Those rifles went through all that combat with grease in them, not adjustable gas plugs by the way. Want to try another argument?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2022
    East Texas
    You said you want to prevent any access wear and tear on your rifle, grease is the single cheapest and easiest way to do it.

Those rifles went through all that combat with grease in them, not adjustable gas plugs by the way. Want to try another argument?
    Oooh yeah and we know that the troops were successful in keeping their M1’s well greased ALL the time. They were always afforded the ability to slap grease in their guns regularly before each battle. Gimme a break. In fact, a firearm lubed in grease that suddenly gets dirty is harder to clean and takes longer to remove the crud, then quickly wiping down and re-lubing a Garand with an oil type lubricant.

Back to the gas plug…. Are you new? ”Those rifles” you mentioned were issued 150gr M2 ball ammo before and during ww2 kid…. Today’s premium .30-06 hunting ammo in general is loaded to higher pressures than the old M2 ammo. M2 ball was made specifically for the Garand Back then. Todays modern .30-06 ammo is loaded to higher pressures with heavier weighing bullets.

…Hence the benefit for the adjustable gas plug.

Finished yet?

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Oooh yeah and we know that the troops were successful in keeping their M1’s well greased ALL the time. They were always afforded the ability to slap grease in their guns regularly before each battle. Gimme a break. In fact, a firearm lubed in grease that suddenly gets dirty is harder to clean and takes longer to remove the crud, then quickly wiping down and re-lubing a Garand with an oil type lubricant.

Back to the gas plug…. Are you new? ”Those rifles” you mentioned were issued 150gr M2 ball ammo before and during ww2 kid…. Today’s premium .30-06 hunting ammo in general is loaded to higher pressures than the old M2 ammo. M2 ball was made specifically for the Garand Back then. Todays modern .30-06 ammo is loaded to higher pressures with heavier weighing bullets.

…Hence the benefit for the adjustable gas plug.

Finished yet?

Yes, they were actually. You know theres a spot in the stock where you can stick a nice big oiler full of lubriplate? You even have enough room after you stick in a cleaning rod and combo tool for a grease pot or two.

Another clown unaware of the M1's history. The Garand was designed around M1 ball, which is a 173gr bullet going 2600-2700 FPS. Lots of garands fought with a steady diet of M1 ball and M2ap

No, todays 06 is not loaded to higher pressures, with the exception of 180+gr. Maybe if you understood the difference between PSI and CUP, you'd know this.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2022
    East Texas
    Yes, they were actually. You know theres a spot in the stock where you can stick a nice big oiler full of lubriplate? You even have enough room after you stick in a cleaning rod and combo tool for a grease pot or two.

Another clown unaware of the M1's history. The Garand was designed around M1 ball, which is a 173gr bullet going 2600-2700 FPS. Lots of garands fought with a steady diet of M1 ball and M2ap

No, todays 06 is not loaded to higher pressures, with the exception of 180+gr. Maybe if you understood the difference between PSI and CUP, you'd know this.
    So now you’ve resorted to non-fallacious reasoning with your ad-hominem and nonsensical points you were trying to make. Splendid. Well don’t take my word for anything, how about a scientists word?

Permanent damage can occur while shooting standard factory loaded 30-06 ammunition in the M1 Garand,” said Dave Emary, Hornady Chief Ballistic Scientist. “Typical factory loads contain propellants that when fired, result in port pressures and gas volumes that are too high, causing violent stress to the rifle's operating rod, bolt, and receiver.”

from the article:

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    So now you’ve resorted to non-fallacious reasoning with your ad-hominem and nonsensical points you were trying to make. Splendid. Well don’t take my word for anything, how about a scientists word?

Permanent damage can occur while shooting standard factory loaded 30-06 ammunition in the M1 Garand,” said Dave Emary, Hornady Chief Ballistic Scientist. “Typical factory loads contain propellants that when fired, result in port pressures and gas volumes that are too high, causing violent stress to the rifle's operating rod, bolt, and receiver.”

from the article:

You brought in insults before me, don't run and cry if you can't take what you're dishing out.

Hornady, lol. Those guys have left a lot of blown up AR15's in their wake. I would be very hesitant to trust their word on what will or won't blow up a gun.

Funny how you'll bring up people who have a vested interest in selling specialty Garand ammo, yet ignore the word of John Garand and J Hatcher.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    You brought in insults before me, don't run and cry if you can't take what you're dishing out.

Hornady, lol. Those guys have left a lot of blown up AR15's in their wake. I would be very hesitant to trust their word on what will or won't blow up a gun.

Funny how you'll bring up people who have a vested interest in selling specialty Garand ammo, yet ignore the word of John Garand and J Hatcher.
    Junk Science = Sales. Fear mongering to sell specialty ammo= $$.
    Zack did you note his ( Trash) sign up date, and oddly familiar writing style. Just about matches the style and date our last expert-in-everything exited stage right.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2022
    East Texas
    Zack did you note his ( Trash) sign up date, and oddly familiar writing style. Just about matches the style and date our last expert-in-everything exited stage right.
    Oh my, now you’re paranoid and you’re the only “expert.” With that, I think we will have to agree to disagree, because this debate has hit a roadblock.

Cheers.

p.s. I have no idea who you’re referring to, nor do I know who “Zack” is. I’ve never been on this website before, until recently. I’m assuming you regularly have “issues“ with people that don’t share the same opinion as yours and as evidenced by you seeking some type of Internet “back-up“ from another user. Very strange.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas

There's so many of them I can't really tell at this point.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2022
    East Texas

I didn’t insult you. I simply gave an opinion about protecting a rifle component. You took that personal and went off. You do you Boo.

We will agree to disagree.

Peace out buddy.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I didn’t insult you. I simply gave an opinion about protecting a rifle component. You took that personal and went off. You do you Boo.

We will agree to disagree.

Peace out buddy.

If you really cared about protecting your rifle, you'd grease it, like everyone with a lick of sense has told you to.

You've failed before you even started.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2022
    East Texas
    If you really cared about protecting your rifle, you'd grease it, like everyone with a lick of sense has told you to.

You've failed before you even started.
    I thought we were done with this conversation, You have some serious OCHD issues. They make a pill for that you know. Yeah, 35 years of LP oil and my M1 still shoots perfectly,,,, and with my adjustable gas plug.

If I throw a stick, will you finally go away now?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom