• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Anyone with current info on a picatinny mount for M1A? I have a SOCOM 16 that previously had an Eotech that I'd actually like to have some glass on. Of course the problem is the placement of the picatinny and rear sight. I've shot a scout setup and don't really care for it.

I've been eyeing the VLTOR CAVS14 rail but today was looking around at the Trijicon TA70 mount, GDI G1-OSM and a mount from Smith. I have no interest in the rail from troy. Per the interwebs the GDI and Trijicon may be the same manufacturer. I need to contact one or both to try and confirm that.

Of all listed really what I'm looking for is what's the most stable/secure and lowest height. Also, I don't care if it replaces rear sight or makes it unusable.
    Hurley's Gold

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Sadlak is the standard others are judged by......

I have the Springfield Gen II and have been completely happy with it. Of course I have never taken it off since I installed it years ago......it is tall...most will be....

I believe Springfield is up to Gen IV now.....

20180721_103004_2b53c52dd9379c6b9254ba3318d83d54d3231f0c.jpg

20180721_103027_964bfae91dd7c287cc266e499bee3c5bd0d1c843.jpg

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    The more I look the more I like the Trijicon and GDI versions. Both of them allow direct mount of an ACOG. That should keep the height down some and make for a slightly smaller package. If I decide to put a scope on it later I can use the picatinny but ACOG is what I want on this rifle and the direct mount is a definite plus.

Top Bottom