• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I need some ideas for an optics setup on my new M1A. What are you guys running on yours?

I'd like to get a scope that is 40mm, or larger, objective with good eye relief and a low base magnification ( 3 - 6x ) and a maximum magnification around the 16 - 20x region. Has to be 1/4" MOA, I don't wanna waste my time with 2 MOA or converting metric. I'd prefer adjustable parallax.

On the mount, I'd prefer the lowest bore-to-sight length, but will take a more rigid mount if it's available.

Rings, probably going to use Millets or something similar.

I'm open to suggestions.

Schmidt & Bender, Swarovski, etc. are out of my price range. Leupold, Zeiss, Super Sniper, etc. are more or less what I'm looking at price-wise.
    Hurley's Gold

ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    for a mount its hard to beat an ARMS #18

I have an ARMS 18 mount that works great on my M1a. I generally buy Leupold scopes and ran a LRT 3.5x10 with good results. I would have to go dig through the gun room to find the rings I was using.

Texas Patriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Spring
    I have an ARMS 18 mount that works great on my M1a. I generally buy Leupold scopes and ran a LRT 3.5x10 with good results. I would have to go dig through the gun room to find the rings I was using.

+1 for the Arms 18.

Slso, you should consider the Sadlak or the Smith mount. These are all good.

Stay away from the Springfield mount and the stuff sold at CTD. Its just not that good. You don't want to scrimp a few bucks for a scope on a $1500 rifle.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom