• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nr0058

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    I recently purchased a M96 swede mauser with the intention of sporterizing it. But the came to the realization that this is a VG rifle with all numbers matching, and thus might fit into a collectors safe rather than my pickup. What sort of price range should I ask when selling this rifle(I know its worth more than the 120 i paid for it at an estate sale.)? Also if you're in the Denton, Tx area and might like to take a peek at it my email is nr0058@unt.edu
    ARJ Defense ad

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Look on gunbroker.com and look it up.We cannot sell firearms here anymore.You will get more if you list it on gunbroker or TexasGunTrader.

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    A 96 swede with matching numbers from 1919 with VG+ fit and finish will probably sell for about $360-400? Check all the markings as well, I believe they shipped some to Finland and if it has a Finnish acceptance mark I believe it's worth a bit more.

BTW nice call on buying it from that estate sale... you know I've heard of people buying guns from estate sales... where the heck do you find out where and when these things are happening? I'm clueless.

nr0058

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    Newspaper classifieds mostly, estate sales are especially useful if the deceased has a daughter running the show, they tend not the be as well informed about the value of their late father's (for the most part, fathers) firearms. Thanks for all the other replies fellas.

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    A friend of mine has one, its a pretty good rifle, seems to shoot pretty accurately and the 6.5x55 round is excellent. The ammo is on the expensive and hard to find side though. Last price I seen was $27.99/20 rounds.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom