• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wookie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    San Antonio
    Hey, glad to be in the great state of Texas.

After waiting my 90 days I finally purchased my first pistol. The only downside was the election came a week before my 90 days. Took a couple of weeks to find the XD(m) .40 that I have coveted at a decent price.

I've actually spent a fair amount at the range before, but in MA it is all but impossible to get a hand gun (and if you use it or lose it you face 10 years of legal battles).

Strange to me (from MA) to reach for a pistol on the night stand rather than a bat under the bed.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Good to have you here. Welcome to one of the few free states left. ;) Our state still needs some work in the "freedom" department, but it's quite a bit better in that department than some of the northeastern states at least. ;)

How do you like that XD-M? I never really liked the original XD series for some reason, though the XD-M has grown on me judging by the few times I've handled one.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Welcome aboard...so hows it feel to live in a state where you can buy a gun at a garage sale or walk in a store and walk out a few minutes later with a pistol? WOO Hoo...
    I had a friend that lived in MA for awhile and said that it was less paperwork to buy a house, than a gun....

wookie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    San Antonio
    Thanks all.

Walking into a store and buying the gun you want is great.
    Sort of like being treated as an adult after leaving a nanny state.

I'm liking the XDm - of all the pistols I tried this one felt the most "right."

wookie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    San Antonio
    Thank all.

I'm looking at doing an IDPA type thing in the next month or two. Anyone here do those in the San Antonio area?

Also, I'm digging bullet hole shooting range, I've been going a couple times a week. Give me a shout if you are going over there this weekend.

Rocket_Cowboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Plano, TX
    That's a bit of a change ... moving from MA down to TX. It won't take you long to enjoy calling your friends in the winter months, while they're freezing up north, and you're out on the patio drinking iced tea while wearing shorts. :)

In any case, welcome to TX, and welcome the TGT!

Top Bottom