mac79912 (Todd Kessler) BANNED

Discussion in 'Stolen Property & Criminality' started by SIG_Fiend, Apr 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I thought I would go ahead and post this to hopefully save other forum members from the trouble in the future. Yes, Mac79912 was a forum member here for awhile, and even a moderator for a period of time. For whatever reason, he decided to ultimately screw a guy over out of a few bucks. The exact amount does not matter, it's the principle and the way in which he conducted himself which is the issue. He chose to do the wrong thing and take someone's money, so now he is permanently banned. This is his contact info, and if you should happen to come across someone with this same contact info, screen name, etc in future internet business even on other forums, I would advise you to steer clear:

Here's a link to the arfcom thread regarding this matter:

HUGE -1 for Mac79912.. bad deal all the way around!! - AR15.COM

Although this transaction did not originate from this forum, lets this be a lesson to anyone considering doing anything shady through the classifieds here either. We all understand sometimes mistakes happen, things don't work out smoothly, sometimes there are unexpected delays, etc etc but taking the proper corrective actions and doing the right thing regardless is what helps turn around a bad situation. Screwing someone over here will only get your personal info posted up in this section and your reputation in this community destroyed. That being said, thanks to those of you out there still continuing to do the right thing and still continuing to conduct yourselves in a professional manner through our classifieds. Should any of you have a problem like this in the future, please contact Alan (Texas1911), I, or any of the moderators and we will get it worked out.

2. Starker

Starker Active Member

I have been following this since the guy from ARFCOM posted here. I just wanted to say publicly that I appreciate the manner in which Sig_Fiend and Texas1911 have handled this matter. They have been very fair to all parties involved and have been diligent in solving the problem. It is nice to know and be associated with such stand-up guys.

For those of you who are new to this forum, this is truly a different place than any forum I have been on, and it's because of the leadership! Leadership starts at the top!

3. JKTex

JKTex Well-Known

Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I'm curious how it would be appropriate to get this site and owner involved beyond banning and moving on? Especially posting the information you have which seems could be quite a risk, including legal, since no wrongdoing involved this site.

I agree it's a bad deal if all the fact are what they are, but it seems awful risky, especially posting personal contact info. along with accusations as a 3rd party.

And not to side with anyone in that case, but it's also a reminder about forum classifieds and being aware. Most cases of people getting ripped off are when the person does something they know they should not have done but got suckered in to trusting someone. It's what con's do, get your trust and control until they get what they want.

4. dbgun

dbgun TGT Addict

Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    +1 - Starker,..... well said.

5. cuate

cuate Well-Known

Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    I second the motion ! If that was even necessary.:texas:

6. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I have to agree with JKTex on some aspects of this. His name and screen name sure and even the town he is in but it IMO was unnecessary to post his address. Other than the address being posted, I agree with Starker in the way the admin handled this incident.

7. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Active Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    It is refreshing to see another forum that holds it's members and staff to high standards. I am a mod on another board and know how difficult it is to deal with these situations. Keep up the good work.

8. GM.Chief

GM.Chief Well-Known

Mar 16, 2009
    I know this thread is old, but I am curious if this situation was ever resolved.

9. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Nope. None of us AFAIK has had contact with Mac since this whole ordeal began.

10. JKTex

JKTex Well-Known

Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    If it's important to have this posted, shouldn't it be informational only, therefore locked and if someone really thinks it's that important, made a sticky ? It really doesn't need to be discussed otherwise it's just gossip, especially since it's an issue that took place elsewhere and it'll keep getting brought up, like it just did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.