• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I think a cast receiver would probably require more finishing work. It wouldn't really save any money, just move the cost from the initial tooling setup to the final stages of production. What I'd like to see is more polymer lowers. Magpul needs to get on that

I don't think it would require any more machining than a forging. Have you seen a raw forged lower?

AR15 LOWER RECEIVER RAW FORGING - Tactical Innovations Inc. - Idaho

Trust me, you can do that with a casting. Easily.
    Military Camp

Mooneys

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2011
    Round Rock
    I don't work for Scorpion Tactical only sell and promote their rifles. They do not sell just the lower at this time, just the rifles. Lowers and Uppers are the next step.
    I work in Leander at a cabinet shop , didnt know there were two gun shops in Leander?
    Yall sell stripped lowers?

LJH

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Austin
    Stillers Precision out of Wylie TX, makers of great AR lowers. They are very expensive and butt ugly, but high quality.

Techna

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Magnolia, Texas
    After visiting the Deradnaught Industries site and reading the statement below, I know that at some point I will HAVE to buy something from them. I just love that, and am all for poking somebody in the eye when they deserve it.
    NOTE: Due to the California Firearms Licensee Check (CFLC) Program, as per AB 2521, Chapter 784, Session 2005-2006, Dreadnaught Industries LLC will not sell any firearms to any government entity or individual in California with the sole exception of US Military personnel sentenced to California duty. If you want one of our firearms, move to America.

Mooneys

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2011
    Round Rock
    Scorpion is in the process of making some 300 Blackout marked lowers as we'll as the Multi Cal. Scorpion Tactical is out of Leander.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I just had to resurrect this old thread because it just happens to be a subject I love. ARs made in Texas.

My next build will have as many Texas made components as possible. Right now I'm trying to decide whether to go with Stillers Precision (local to me and I can buy 80% and have all of the engraving work, including serial, done at Ident Marking), LaRue or Dreadnaught (which I understand can be bought lower and upper as a set which is a plus).

All three turn out a quality Texan made product. Any fanboy advice on any of these out there? Also, what other Texas made base components are out there? Anyone know of an all Texas made LPK? How about UPK?

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I just had to resurrect this old thread because it just happens to be a subject I love. ARs made in Texas.

My next build will have as many Texas made components as possible. Right now I'm trying to decide whether to go with Stillers Precision (local to me and I can buy 80% and have all of the engraving work, including serial, done at Ident Marking), LaRue or Dreadnaught (which I understand can be bought lower and upper as a set which is a plus).

All three turn out a quality Texan made product. Any fanboy advice on any of these out there? Also, what other Texas made base components are out there? Anyone know of an all Texas made LPK? How about UPK?
    If you are near San Antonio....go with Dreadnaught.

Top Bottom