• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DPMS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    Got in yesterday, still trying to figure out what to do for work. In the meantime if anyone in the area knows anywhere to go shoot let me know. I already know of MSA and plan on joining them sometime but it would be nice if anyone knew of anywhere else to go.
    Hurley's Gold

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Welcome to Texas! I got your PM. I'm at home northeast of Dallas for the weekend.

I'll be back out there Sunday evening. I'll give you a shout when I get out there. I have a couple of rancher buddies who let me shoot out there. Maybe I can get you on too.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Last time I was there (a couple years ago) everyone was hiring. All able bodies were in the oilfields and no construction companies could find any workers. We actually has a fight on the job between two foreman over stealing helpers. The manager of the restaurant I built got reprimanded because she was doing the dishes there. She couldn't find a dish washer to hire. It was pretty nuts there.

I have no idea how it is now in Midland but hopefully you can find work.

DPMS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    TXARGUY, travel safe and let me know when you get in. Talk to your buddies and let me know what they say.

Dawico, seems to be the same. Plenty of jobs out here just have to decide what I want to do. The fact Walmart is starting pay at 14/hr means they need people. Back in NC you started at or around minimum wage.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Last time I was there (a couple years ago) everyone was hiring. All able bodies were in the oilfields and no construction companies could find any workers. We actually has a fight on the job between two foreman over stealing helpers. The manager of the restaurant I built got reprimanded because she was doing the dishes there. She couldn't find a dish washer to hire. It was pretty nuts there.

I have no idea how it is now in Midland but hopefully you can find work.

I've been working out there for a little over 6 years now. I've watched it get steadily worse with each passing year. Labor (good labor) has to be brought in from elsewhere now as everyone out there who wants to work is already working.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    A few of us are meeting for dinner at the Outback Steakhouse off the north loop in Midland at 7:00 tonight. Hope you can make it.

Last edited:

DPMS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    Sorry buddy, had too much going on. Let me know next time you go out.

arordonez84

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    San Antonio
    Ahhh the smell of H2S the smell of money Oil field is booming down there i have a really good friend that runs his own crew at Haliburton if you want to get on with them he clears about 7,000 a month on 2wks off 1 week on.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Damn good money but oil rigs are not for me.

Halliburton is a service company. Not a drilling contractor. CDL license is gold out there now. Hazmat endorsement is platinum.
    Halliburton does plugging, fracking and downhole services. You'd run in a convoy and spend 14 hr days with the guys.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom