ARJ Defense ad

Madison County Gun & Archery Club - any other members here?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Just curious, how many TGTers shoot at MCGAC? Do you get out there regularly?

I suppose for many the draw backs are distance from home/work and 300yds is maximum shooting distance but all in all, it's a nice place to shoot.

I've been a member for 2 years now and one thing that frustrates me is the online events calendar is often not updated.

As the crow flies it's 30mi from home to the club. Thanks to the prison farms I have to negotiate, it's a 50mi drive. :(

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    You already know I'm a member. It's nice for shotgunners, basic for rifle and pistol shooters, and way too far north from my location in Spring for me to use on a regular basis.

Still, if there are any other members on TGT, I'd love to know.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Annual(?) range cleanup for the 4-H tourney is the day after Hicksville. I'll be too beat to make that which is actually disappointing since it should be a good time to meet others while helping out.

I get the occasional PM from people asking about the range, I provide some info and usually get a positive reply but then never know the outcome. Hopefully some more will post here then maybe before it's too hot we can have a little get together.

Ben do you have any plans of going out before Hicksville? I still need to sight a couple things in.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    lol .. it's on the calendar. Seems after a year virtually no updates, right before the 4-H meet, they have added some events.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Other than ferals and varmit, I've fired 2rds this year. Anyone interested in shooting Sun or Mon?

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Anyone up for burning some ammo this weekend?

Sunday or Monday would be best for me but I could do Saturday. Arrive between 10 & 12?

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Monday at 11, +\- an hour, is good for me. I'll bring those grips for you to try.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    If multiple people don't chime in agreeing to a different day/time, that sounds like a plan.

I would like to see them. I'll bring that laser too.

We can rag on the thugs up in this joint while we're there.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    That's understood, it is for most people. Suggest a different day/time, even a different weekend and we'll see what happens.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    I will be there today, sometime. I have to do some work at property in Midway, and will be headed there when I get done. I am not for sure what time I will be getting there, probably sometime right after noon. I am only taking a couple rifles that need sighted in.
    I will be away from a computer until then, but I will check my phone if I have service.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    Darn, I was hoping to see you there, Ben.
    If anyone is coming, I am in need of a set of 1" scope rings. I have a set of 30mm I could trade.

Top Bottom