• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sergei

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2022
    Corinth
    Figured I would post a quick review of this range. It's a nice little outdoor range on the owners private land in Sanger. Owner is an older gentleman, and a USAF veteran that enlisted about a year after it changed over from being the Air Corps, and his stories about the old radio systems are incredibly interesting. Worth a visit just to hear from a gentleman that lived the history instead of just reading about it.

The range itself is divided into 2 areas, one for trap and one for rifle/pistol/other. It runs out to about 200 or 250 yards (I honestly forget which, since I only really shoot out to 100 anyway) with stacks of pallets for posting targets and a dirt berm as a backstop.

It's a fairly informal experience with folks communicating with each other and the rangemaster to determine when a cold range is needed and no fancy intercoms or set schedules or anything like that. Cost is $20 a head for the whole day, and they loan out equipment like clay throwers and hearing protection at no extra cost. He also reloads ammo, but I never really checked the prices since I do it myself and I'm finnicky about my loads.

The one thing to be aware of is it's a range run on the owners spare time, so the hours are odd. Not a complaint, but it does help to call ahead and see if he's opening it up that day before driving out. It can also be a bit hard to find if you've never been there. It's the mans house, located off a country road in the unincorporated lands, so make sure to keep an eye out or you'll drive past it 10 times without seeing it (not that... I've done that or anything...). And yes, he was nice enough to let me set up my 1919A4. Beltfeds are absolutely allowed, as are tripods, and FMJ.
    Hurley's Gold

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Figured I would post a quick review of this range. It's a nice little outdoor range on the owners private land in Sanger. Owner is an older gentleman, and a USAF veteran that enlisted about a year after it changed over from being the Air Corps, and his stories about the old radio systems are incredibly interesting. Worth a visit just to hear from a gentleman that lived the history instead of just reading about it.

The range itself is divided into 2 areas, one for trap and one for rifle/pistol/other. It runs out to about 200 or 250 yards (I honestly forget which, since I only really shoot out to 100 anyway) with stacks of pallets for posting targets and a dirt berm as a backstop.

It's a fairly informal experience with folks communicating with each other and the rangemaster to determine when a cold range is needed and no fancy intercoms or set schedules or anything like that. Cost is $20 a head for the whole day, and they loan out equipment like clay throwers and hearing protection at no extra cost. He also reloads ammo, but I never really checked the prices since I do it myself and I'm finnicky about my loads.

The one thing to be aware of is it's a range run on the owners spare time, so the hours are odd. Not a complaint, but it does help to call ahead and see if he's opening it up that day before driving out. It can also be a bit hard to find if you've never been there. It's the mans house, located off a country road in the unincorporated lands, so make sure to keep an eye out or you'll drive past it 10 times without seeing it (not that... I've done that or anything...). And yes, he was nice enough to let me set up my 1919A4. Beltfeds are absolutely allowed, as are tripods, and FMJ.
    Next time out there, extend an invitation to join the forum.

Top Bottom