Magpul dynamics class Oct 10 - 11 Htown

Discussion in 'Houston' started by dane421, Jun 23, 2009.

1. dane421

dane421 Member

Sep 8, 2008
    DFW
    Anybody taking this class or taken one before? This will be my first and I am trying to figure out what gear to buy. I have a rifle and ammo I guess I am looking for advice on a good kit.

2. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    If it's anything like the video, you are a lucky dude.

From the video I'd suggest alot of mags, good ammo, some sort of good tactical vest, and any new toys you want to use.

Talon Arms (www.talonarms.com) had a big shipment of 2nd Gen P-Mags and they probably have a vest for you.

3. AusTex

AusTex Active Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    A good sling probably single point, hip mag pouches, electronic ear protection would also be a big plus im sure..

4. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

How about more info & a link to the video for the lesser informed....

5. 40Arpent

40Arpent TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
  6. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

Thank you for the link.

7. dane421

dane421 Member

Sep 8, 2008
    DFW
    Looking for a good rig, I don't need a complete kit just something that will hold pistol and carbine mags. Is a belt holster the best solution or something else. I am not familiar with all the new cool gear out there so a few good suggestions would be nice.

8. Skyjunky

Skyjunky Member

Nov 21, 2008
  9. CarbonCycles

CarbonCycles Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Have you guys seen the Magpul DVD? One of those guys comes across as a serious AHOLE...the last thing I want is some jackass yelling in my face if I'm paying you good money.

Now with that said, if I can get my new AR secured by then, then you can count me in.

10. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    It sounds like you are referring to Chris Costa, and it also sounds like you don't understand what he was doing. By his yelling, at certain people while they were trying to perform drills, he was breaking their OODA loop and forcing them to try and work through it (that is the way it appears to me). You need thicker skin if someone yelling hurts your feelings. ;) No they are not doing this just to make it seem like boot camp. There are valid training reasons why such surprise actions can be beneficial. Just imagine how you might react in a real defense situation. The actions of an attacker, sudden surprise attack, etc are more than enough to screw with most people's OODA loop, and I would say there are lots of people out there that would just plain freeze up (at least momentarily) in a situation like that. "Casual" range training with no real uncomfortable stimulation like that really doesn't fully prepare someone for how to react. Having someone yell uncomfortably loud at you like that, taking you by surprise, can be a useful training tool to teach you to work through it, focus on the task at hand, and get back in the fight.