• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tinplas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2017
    San Antonio
    They are priced competitively with Oakley and Wiley X. That style doesn't fit my pumpkin head, but I'd look at them if they did. They are the correct type of material for shooters. They are safety rated so the can serve double duty.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

Oakley’s biggest selling point for me was made in America...I had friends who worked there and were sponsored by them.

Then Luxottica bought them, and moved most production to China.

People I know lost jobs.
    The cut back grass-roots racing sponsorships.

These magpul glasses would only appeal to me if made in America. And since I’m not seeing that mentioned, I assume they’re made elsewhere...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    These magpul glasses would only appeal to me if made in America. And since I’m not seeing that mentioned, I assume they’re made elsewhere...?
    Asked and answered over on M4C:
    "Vegas, thanks for your question and interest. We make everything in the US that we can. Like the apparel, however, there are some things that factories just don't have the capability to do well here in the US right now. We are working on changing that. We intend to eventually get as much over here as we can if we can get some lens houses rolling in the US. We have chosen some of the best partners in the world for eyewear, we have representatives at the factories, and our engineers, designers, and product managers visit the factories regularly. Oh, and not in China."

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Interesting.

My ex-Oakley insiders said nearly all glasses, no matter the brand name, were made in the US (which was basically just Oakley), Italy or China.

But that was years ago and things very well could have changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom