• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Green Hornet

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    North Texas
    Let me also state, this is for a big bore handgun 4 inch model. I’m told by a firearms instructor that it’s not a good idea to use it for defense. He said its overkill and you’re only going to use it in single action anyway….. Which I don’t. Also he said. If you do use it in a shooting, their going to think you’re trying to be a Rambo. After that I didn’t talk about it anymore. Thinking about it now, I should have been more specific on its defense use? Home and vehicle.

I’m not new to handguns. I’m not an expert either. My belief is. I can find a load for using it for home-defense, as well as being in a vehicle. Right now I don’t have a CHL.
    When I do have that CHL. Yes the big-bore I have can be concealed with a jacket. But as members know it’s hot in Texas. So when that time comes when I get my CHL. I will be purchasing another handgun specifically for concealed carry. A slim 9mm probably. But that’s a different thread and time.

Right now I’m using, been using HSM 300 gr. J.H.P. mid-range loads. Mild loads. These are not reloads, its new ammo. It’s inexpensive to other brands. I have tried Ultramax. I have tried Hornady. Between the three I have used; I like the HSM for price as well as performance. Also, I don’t want to be setting my house or car on fire using hot, 500 gr. loads.

I’m also looking at Federal Fusion 275 gr. At this time it’s not out yet. Be around the same price as HSM.

That’s why I asking in my original post. Even though Magsafe ammo is pricey, more than HSM. Would it be better for performance? That is for home-defense, use in a vehicle?

p.s. I should be fortcoming in my posts.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Read in magazines as in an advertisement, or as in testing? I have always been curious about Magsafe, but just never stumbled across anything objective.

Of all people you should know better than to ask a "memory" related question like that of me, I figure it was probably both...

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    It's a .500 S&W... it's designed to kill BEARS. It doesn't matter what you put in the damn thing, if you hit someone with it you will get their attention. A good shot from a .500 S&W revolver using a JHP is going to do some damage.

Top Bottom