• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    How does it shoot with other ammo? How does it shoot with other shooters?

I used Magtech in my one and only high power match (and in an off-hand clinic before that) in a ultra-match Garand with no trouble. My calls were matching my hits for the most part. I did lousy at the match, but some other shooters were pretty impressed with how good my score was (partly because I had zero equipment other than the tricked-out Garand - no jacket, no mat, no spotting scope, nothing), and I don't feel that it was my rifle or ammo that was holding me back one bit. Sighting in before the match off a bench, I had no problem putting the stuff through one hole at a hundred yards (which was mostly the rifle; I'm not a great shot).

I gave what I had left to my friend to help him break in his AR-10, and he was happy with the accuracy and cleanliness.

All in all, I don't think Magtech is the highest-quality ammo; there's definitely a reason it's cheaper. But the quality seems Ok to me.

jnock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good Point

Thanks M.Sage,

It could be the nut behind the trigger. I'll get someone else to send a few downrange and see what the results are.

I was considering getting ahold of one of those LeadSleds or equiv and seeing what the results are.

As far as other ammo performing: I tried Winchester white box 7.62 - FTE & FTFs after 2nd magazine; 7.62 DAG headstamped - FTEs & FTFs before end of 1st mag; Magtech has functioned flawlessly - no FTE or FTF ever.
    I've yet to try any commercial hunting ammo.

Thanks,

Jay
    TAMU -'82

Top Bottom