• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Back when it was the Ft Worth Fat Stock Show my uncle raised show calves, rather his kids raised show calves. They ran the circuit every year until the last left High School. One year one of his grain fed and fattened show calves went stupid at a show. The calf next had a trip to the locker plant. Best meat I ever ate, Dad got 1/2 of it. After that Dad always teased my uncle about using a cattle prod on a show calf when meat got low in the freezer.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    You don't cut hay and let it dry in a pasture with other animals in it. Most hay isn't even cut in fields that have had any grazing on them for months.
    And all the creatures great and small stop when the come to barbed wire. Ok.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    And all the creatures great and small stop when the come to barbed wire. Ok.

Just how many creatures do you think roam the land where hay is cut? Are you worried about a random dog or coyote that wanders across a 50 acre field? Perhaps the it's the grasshopper poop you're concerned with? Skunks, armadillos, rabbits, etc. tend to avoid cut fields because it makes them easier prey. Coyotes tend to stick to the areas they prey are easier. Stray dogs like to wander, but not where the wandering is difficult because the cut hay is thick laying on the ground.

I've only been cutting hay for a few decades, so please enlighten me about all and which animals are doing the nasty on my hay when it's cut. Especially when it's nice and warm and there's maybe only 1 day between being cut and baled.

I assume you're worried about a random bird flying over?

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Just how many creatures do you think roam the land where hay is cut? Are you worried about a random dog or coyote that wanders across a 50 acre field? Perhaps the it's the grasshopper poop you're concerned with? Skunks, armadillos, rabbits, etc. tend to avoid cut fields because it makes them easier prey. Coyotes tend to stick to the areas they prey are easier. Stray dogs like to wander, but not where the wandering is difficult because the cut hay is thick laying on the ground.

I've only been cutting hay for a few decades, so please enlighten me about all and which animals are doing the nasty on my hay when it's cut. Especially when it's nice and warm and there's maybe only 1 day between being cut and baled.

I assume you're worried about a random bird flying over?
    I get so tired of people that are too stupid to understand humor. The whole original post was a joke. I even put LOL at the end for stupid people with no sense of humor. Ignore me please

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Not on the same level as Snake River or others, but do you folks know that Schwann’s and Omaha Steaks are part of the same company? When my local Omaha store was closing a number of years ago, the manager told me to order the comparable steaks from Schwann’s and I would be getting the same meat only a lot cheaper. If you are a new customer, they often provide 50% off on the first order

Top Bottom