mailing small packages using just postage stamps?

craigntx

Daca is caca
Jun 25, 2010
Cypress, Tejas
I cant get to the post office(crashed my mc last wk and they wont give me a rental)easily and I need to send a couple mags to kali and carbine handguards to north carolina.
I can get a book of stamps at walgreens.
I could rig up something with cardboard and tape for a package.
anybody know if roughly $5 in stamps would get it there? less?
if its insufficient funds I know they will send it back to me.
I would rather not make it a week long process sending back and forth.
thanks

Southpaw

Plague enthusiast
TGT Supporter
Mar 30, 2009
Guadalupe Co.
Postage Price Calculator

Standard Post
Features
Used for gifts and general merchandise, Standard Post shipments may also contain books and other printed matter weighing 70 pounds or less. The maximum size is 130 inches in combined length plus girth (distance around the thickest part). Tracking is available for Standard Post shipments. Extra Services, such as Insurance, can be purchased for an additional fee.
Standard Post "Balloon Price"
Parcels that weigh less than 20 pounds and measure more than 84 inches but not more than 108 inches in combined length plus girth (distance around the thickest part) are charged the 20-pound Standard Post zoned price.
Standard Post Oversized Price
Parcels that measure more than 108 inches but not more than 130 inches in combined length plus girth (distance around the thickest part) are charged the oversized price regardless of weight.
Online shipping convenience
Standard Post delivery status is available through Track and Confirm at USPS.com or by calling 1-800-222-1811.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
May 11, 2009
H-Town, TX
Get you a flat rate box. I believe they'll even bring it to you ... or at least they advertised that at one point. Then you can pay for the postage online, print out the label, and tape it to the box.

coachrick

TGT Addict
Dec 26, 2009
north-north Austin
There was a weight limit for parcels sent with stamps. Seems like it was only 13oz or some such, so dropping a stamped parcel in the box might not be the best way. I used to keep lots of bubble lined envelopes after receiving various gizmos by mail; but my darling convinced me to clear out all but a few. Not even sure I can find them after the downsizing move. ;)

craigntx

Daca is caca
Jun 25, 2010
Cypress, Tejas
crap I remember my grandmothers sending small packages using just a bunch of stamps.
according to the above link it takes the po a week to send out a small box.
I got no fkn way to get to the gd po
fml

reddog

Jul 19, 2013
Isn't it a 16oz limit, over that and it has to go through the window at the post office, cause if it's more than that it could be bad stuff you're sending...

craigntx

Daca is caca
Jun 25, 2010
Cypress, Tejas
Isn't it a 16oz limit, over that and it has to go through the window at the post office, cause if it's more than that it could be bad stuff you're sending...
couple mags and some cardboard is well under 16oz.
from now on no shipping for me, fk this.
the hg's im sending for postage only
smh

edit: might have just sold a mc jacket so it might be worth the hassle now
:)

Last edited:
Top Bottom