• ...and so much more!
  • DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    WTFUDGE-a-saurus-rex?!?!?!

Uh, hello ... you're a criminal ... you gave up the right to have contact with anyone other than Bubba

SAN ANTONIO, Texas (AP) -- A defense attorney for the Army psychiatrist charged in the deadly shooting at Fort Hood says the Army has prohibited his client from praying in Arabic with his family.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    In the United States, freedom of religion is a constitutionally-guaranteed right provided in the religion clauses of the First Amendment. That is the same Constitution that every member of the US military swears to not only support and defend, but also bear true faith and allegiance to the same.

But that is not the case here. Hasan can pray or communicate with his family all he wants, as long as there is an interpreter present...

The military has imposed restrictions requiring all communication during visits be in English or be delayed until an interpreter is present.

As usual, this really isn't about religion but that is what Hasan's lawyer is trying to make it out to be. Obviously it is more of a hot button that way, but the truth is that there are no additional restrictions being imposed on Hasan than would be imposed on other foreign-speaking prisoners!

30+GSXR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    i scared to read that article - I would probaly get pissed off, and I am in a good mood presently :)

Top Bottom