• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SrsTwist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2022
    Austin
    Discord between teachers and state legislators is the main reason for the dissatisfaction, according to the survey

Venture Surplus ad

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    TSTA is a union so they can take their rhetorical hostage holding and put it where the sun don’t shine.

From the article,

"If situations don’t improve, if the political climate doesn’t improve and the members of the legislature don’t start spending more money on public education and teacher’s salaries, it may get worse," Texas State Teachers Association Clay Robison told KTBC. "The people that suffer are the school children. Their learning loss could get worse and that puts the future of Texas at risk."

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I'd have no qualms paying teachers more if they focused more on reading, writing, math, Constitutional civics, living skills (personal finances, mechanical trades, culinary arts, hospitality industry, components of business ownership, etc.)

Im not against social sciences and arts, but they should NOT be the focus.

Keep the social justice crap out of our public schools.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    TSTA is a union so they can take their rhetorical hostage holding and put it where the sun don’t shine.

From the article,

"If situations don’t improve, if the political climate doesn’t improve and the members of the legislature don’t start spending more money on public education and teacher’s salaries, it may get worse," Texas State Teachers Association Clay Robison told KTBC. "The people that suffer are the school children. Their learning loss could get worse and that puts the future of Texas at risk."
    TSTA is a union with very little power in Texas. Teachers union
    here really can't do much more than complain. My wife has 30 kids in her classroom this year. It ranges from GT students to a kid that knows three English words to special Ed kids all in the same room.

How is one person supposed to teach them all the same? It's a joke.

Sent from my SM-X200 using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Don’t think tsta is a union

You may want to rethink that.

TSTA is an NEA affiliate and has been since 1974. The National Education Association (NEA) is a 501(c)(5) professional organizational and labor union, representing public education professionals.[1] It is the largest labor union in the United States.[2]

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    The legislature needs to get off their asses and pass the school voucher program and end traditional funding for public education being tied to geography. Every school becomes a charter school. Want your kid to go private? Great, now you can afford it easier. Kid not doing as well as they could - move schools. If schools had to compete for funding, there wouldn't be the social justice bullshit, the drag queen story hour shit, school boards wouldn't be hostile to parents, and no more fucking bond measures floated by districts.

PDiddy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2022
    South of I10

From the article,

That’s what libs always say. “We need to do X for the children”

CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas
    well.gif

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    Same survey a few years ago said everyone was going to quit. They are still there...

We need to improve teaching conditions. Could start by eliminating teacher unions.
    Few teachers in Texas belong to a union so that's not the solution and they have little influence in Austin.

Teachers are quitting because the kids are bad, parents don't want to discipline their kids, they don't want the district to discipline their kids, and teachers can't discipline their kids.

In grades that have State testing, the entire curriculum is built around passing that test and nothing more. That test is the only thing that matters to a district.

Plus they get paid peanuts to deal with bad kids all day, so they burn out then quit and they do something else. My wife's school in a good district at a good school had a 60% teacher attrition rate.

My kids are still in public school because I'm not paying 30k per year to send them to private school.

Sent from my SM-X200 using Tapatalk

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    public education needs to be dissolved. They wanted to make every kid "normal" sorry not ever kid is. They need to be separated. Smart kids get smart classes. Dumb kids get put into dumb classes, and normal kids with the GP. If you don't speak english you get put in a class specifically for ELLs

But no. We gotta put EVERYONE in the same class and then wonder why our kids come out as dipshits.

Teachers are super liberal but dont understand their policies caused this shit.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I'd quit in a heartbeat. My back patio is directly across from an elementary school entrance from the playground. You could throw a rock and hit the building from my patio. Today is first day of school and if had to sing/rhyme as the teachers are constantly doing today...I'd go nuts. The "back against the wall and stand straight and tall" song when getting ready to go inside. Then the singing of next steps - getting a snack, sitting down and other steps. Teachers must be on drugs to sound that happy a full day!

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    Local news this morning included topic of teacher staffing deficiencies in the Fort Worth area… starting salary something like $56k…

That’s a hard no.

AZ Refugee

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    I have heard teacher are not paid enough for years so I looked up what starting pay is in my district, $50k. The school year is 40 weeks for the kids, add 2 weeks for for teachers that's 42 weeks. $1,190 a week to start for a 22 year old fresh out of college with a bachelors degree, $30 buck an hour seems fair. It may not be for someone with more experience .If the pay is not commensurate with the work, find something that is. I can understand why a 35 to 55 year old person would expect more pay for dealing with todays little monsters, I would not have the patience even at 6 figures. I would like to see the public education system abolished. Drop our property taxes and let the parents of school age children either home school, or pay for private education.

Top Bottom