• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Owlcreekok

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    Between Houston and Beaumont
    I am a very strong proponent of the 9mm chamberings. It is, after all a very economical round. When one finishes a session of practice with a 9mm, one has only to iron out the dents in the paper targets and stow them for the next trip to the range.

:D

(One would never surmise that I am a staunch 1911-.45 ACP afficinado)

Anyway,,,,,,,,

I trim 9x19 brass to 9 Makarov length, prime, pour a whole TWO GRAINS of Bullseye in, seat a 90 gr cast RN innit and have a dern blast. Or maybe I should say I have a "POP".

As far as I am concerned, the MAK is a fine pistol and the round is a happy compromise when one wants a compact carry piece AND some authority.

I have tested the above recipe, albiet using THREE grains of Bullseye by shooting a stack of wet newspaper. I did not take time to record the depth of penetration in terms of inches, millimetres or even hectophosphoincrements. I can tell ya this: those little balls went far enough that I would rather not be shot with one.

For the sake of maintaining a decent reputation, I won't reveal that I have chucked those 90 gr cast bullets in my lathe and made hollow points out of them. No telling what you guys would think of me if I let that out.

:o
    Hurley's Gold

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom