Resized_20220407_151057.jpeg

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    Just starting my journey, squat rack came in a few days ago. It needs to be set up and got steel mace's in 10lbs, 15lbs and 20lbs. Picked up 2 10lbs club bells cause the 15lbs we're to much. Already had kettlebells from 27lbs to 53 lbs. Will start rebuilding my shoulders with the CrossFit Symmetry cords when I get the rack put together. Also have a Concept D2 rowing machine. Sickness took me from 290lbs to 228lbs. I weighed awhile ago an I am back to 237 lbs. I am looking at a different course but I have a goal. Congratulations I will have to drop you a line for motivation. Keep up the great work, here is hoping I can keep the motivation going to get there as you are.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Ive stopped deadlifts and heavy bench press for a few weeks.
    I wanted to reset a few things

After years of the same movements, well they can become repetitive and you can over train some areas and I decided to make a change
    Im working more explosive movements now and doing more body weight style and things which require much more stablizing strength.

I mean..as an example..I can easily deadlift 400 lbs off the floor but I would still tip over when standing on one leg trying to put my underwear on..lol

There is something to be said for those thin 75 year old ladies who can hold yoga positions..I have the most respect believe me.

Here is a movement called a dumbell snatch
    You grab the weight from the center of your hips off of floor and explode up with your legs and hips. The arms and shoulders do almost nothing except stabilize at the top

This video is 65# lb from 2 weeks ago
    I was able to get 70# for ten repetitions and I do 5 sets per workout as my 1st exercise
    Video is slowed down to half speed

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Ive stopped deadlifts and heavy bench press for a few weeks.
    I wanted to reset a few things

After years of the same movements, well they can become repetitive and you can over train some areas and I decided to make a change
    Im working more explosive movements now and doing more body weight style and things which require much more stablizing strength.

I mean..as an example..I can easily deadlift 400 lbs off the floor but I would still tip over when standing on one leg trying to put my underwear on..lol

There is something to be said for those thin 75 year old ladies who can hold yoga positions..I have the most respect believe me.

Here is a movement called a dumbell snatch
    You grab the weight from the center of your hips off of floor and explode up with your legs and hips. The arms and shoulders do almost nothing except stabilize at the top

This video is 65# lb from 2 weeks ago
    I was able to get 70# for ten repetitions and I do 5 sets per workout as my 1st exercise
    Video is slowed down to half speed

I get it. I'm not overly athletic, but my job does involve some climbing, lifting, stretching and balancing.

In some workouts I like doing things like weighted walking lunges, or a split squat where Ballance is more of a focus than just lifting heavy.

I see these workouts as helping me function longer and better at work.

I've done a superset with split squats, lunges, and Sissie squats. Could hardly walk after.

What other exercises are you doing?

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I get it. I'm not overly athletic, but my job does involve some climbing, lifting, stretching and balancing.

In some workouts I like doing things like weighted walking lunges, or a split squat where Ballance is more of a focus than just lifting heavy.

I see these workouts as helping me function longer and better at work.

I've done a superset with split squats, lunges, and Sissie squats. Could hardly walk after.

What other exercises are you doing?

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk
    Kettle bell squats..high reps x 5 sets

DB push up row..that one is hard asf for me to get going

Bulgarian split squats and Trex push ups

Top Bottom