• ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Salvation Army in Plano has a donation door and they help unload it for you.

I always give to SA instead of Goodwill.
    Lynx Defense

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Yeah. People like me.

So, baboon - What kind of old stereo and speakers do you have?
    That shit was gone back in May Ben. It was the inlaws quad stereo from the 60's. I guess the inlays don't have heavt trash where they live as their shit ends up coming home with the wife every time she visits. My wife has an electric weed whacker in her car trunk. It's been there 4 years as a reminder not to bring her parents shit home with her.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Just fyi the donation places will cherry pick your donations. They'll take what they can sell and leave you with what they don't.
    One of my favorite cherrypicking stories -

About 30 years ago my sis had a garage sale. There was a decent table with four chairs but the chairs were in terrible shape. The table was a great buy at $10 but the deal was that the buyer was required to also haul away the chairs. Several people passed on the purchase because of that requirement.

One group wanted the table but not the chairs and got into a heated argument with my then-BIL insisting that if they paid for the table, they didn't have to take the chairs. BIL wouldn't take their money or get off the table until they loaded the chairs onto their truck. Eventually, they agreed, loaded the chairs, paid the money, loaded the table, and walked to the truck to leave.

They loaded the women into the truck, started the truck, and hung around outside. I was watching from the front door and I knew something was up. You can probably guess what happened next.

The two men and a boy threw the chairs on to the front lawn and into the middle of the street, jumped in the truck, and peeled out.

The odd thing? Sis put the chairs out for trash and someone picked them up before the trash came.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    A month ago we rolled up an 8' X 10' - 20 year old rug and put it in the street next to the trashcan.

It was gone within an hour.

WAYnorthTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2019
    Way Up North
    You all know the story about the guy who tried to get rid of an old couch. He put it out in front of his house with a sign that said "FREE". It sat there for 2 weeks, until he changed the sign to "$25". Then someone stole it.

Top Bottom