Making Folks Uncomfortable

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Englishman, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Englishman

Englishman Member

Jun 24, 2009
    The New World
    Is it just me, or do people look at you differently when you read a copy of American Handgunner with a nice color splash of a Glock or something on a plane ride?

2. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Probably not as much as reading JIHAD MONTHLY "How to Get your Virgins Guaranteed - Plane Edition".
  3. Englishman

Englishman Member

Jun 24, 2009
    The New World
    Presumably for one way tickets only
  4. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    When I lived in the San Francisco area, I rode the BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) trains to work for a while. It sucked, on commute days you can't get a seat for anything, and if you do, it's next to someone who's either sketchy and/or stinks really bad. So one day I brought a J&G sales flier on with me to have something to read. What do you know, I had a seat all to myself the whole ride!
  5. Jason

Jason Well-Known

Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    Do you think they profile white people in the Middle East at Airports?
  6. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Monkey Spanker's Monthly always gets me second looks ... especially when I try to shake hands.
  7. ConnRadd

ConnRadd Active Member

Note to self - "DO NOT shake DCs hand or accept any popcorn or food he might be offering...." :eek:
  8. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    When I go the the doctors office which is every other month I take an American Rifleman or some such mag.
    I do get some strange looks and to help out the doctor I always leave the magazine in their waiting room pile of rags.
    I cut may name and address off and bury it in the pile.
    I have never seen one on my next visit so I am suspect they get handed in by someone or someone takes them.
  9. Okierifleman

Okierifleman Active Member

Mar 14, 2009
    I just dont care. I like to give them the same look right back. Besides, maybe some hot 6' blonde who loves to shoot may strike up a conversation with you because she see's you reading it. A man can dream cant he????????
  10. TexasRedneck

TexasRedneck 1911 Nut Lifetime Member

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Actually, last visit to the Dr's office saw me w/American Rifleman in hand. An older lady sitting next to me commented on one of the Kimber ads, and suddenly there was a whole waiting room full of folks talking about the shooting sports! Ya gotta love living in rural areas.... ;)