TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Man accidentally discharges gun in ABIA | KXAN.com

AUSTIN (KXAN) - Austin Police are investigating an incident that occurred on the non-secure side of the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport Thursday evening.
    An Austin man was trying to unload his concealed handgun in a men’s restroom at the airport when it accidentally discharged. The man was attempting to pack the weapon for his flight when it fired a round into his suitcase.
    According to Sgt. Stresing with APD, the man was not arrested because had all of the proper permits to carry a concealed weapon, and filed all the necessary paperwork with the airline to take it in his luggage.
    Police allowed the man to board his flight after reporting his information in case they need to contact him throughout the investigation. They did not believe he was a risk to others.
    Texas SOT

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Not too bright. I would have to agree with JK here, why wouldn't you unload it before you got out of the car to begin with. Doofus.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Not too bright. I would have to agree with JK here, why wouldn't you unload it before you got out of the car to begin with. Doofus.

+1...Good thing he was in the restroom with his luggage. Probably had to change his underwear, afterwards.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Wow! I don't know what they teach in the CHL class but in our class we were told "every time that gun leaves your holster while you are carrying it at work you have a report to write, Weather you had to shoot a rabid coyote or, bad guy or if you were practicing your quick draw" The weapon should have been secure before entering the Air port. Or at least taken down to cond 2 So he would not make all CHL holders look stupid.:banghead:

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Hey don't knock him that much. Going to the bathroom is tricky while you are carrying.

A gun is heavy and it will pull your pants to the floor.

Of course, I'd be intersted to see how he pulled the trigger while unloading it. . . . I'd just as soon risk the relative "unarmed" drive to the airport than screw with messing with a firearm in a place they think that a 4 oz shampoo is somehow a lot more dangerous than a 3 oz shampoo bottle.

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    Have you ever thought that these idiots that do dumb things with guns are working for the other side? Trying to cause bad press for those that carry?

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Of course, I'd be intersted to see how he pulled the trigger while unloading it. . . .

I've seen people whose finger goes right straight to the trigger as soon as their hands wrap around the grip. They're the kind of people who shoot themselves (or others) while holstering or drawing their firearm.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    I've seen guys who will visually check a chamber with slide pulled back then pull trigger as it returns to lockup bad habit as sometimes the mind will see what you want it to see, if that makes sense.

Top Bottom