• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 30+GSXR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Yeah - I wish their was more details in this story. I am curious what kinda weapon he had, and if that was the one he was shooting at the time the police showed up.

chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    He got the shaft. Poor guy. Gulf war vet doing 3years for having the auto. it was locked up in his safe in his home.

thats pretty true but him shooting guns right outside his house were it was bothering the neighbors didnt help any
    i know a few vets with some autos stored away ive played with an original thompson and sten gun that i fell in love with.
    next time he'll take his gun to the range and not a neighborhood

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I'm pretty sure that he made an error in judgement but 41 months for that is kinda stupid. I say 1 month and a year probation or something to that effect. And that is for the full auto not the shooting that is a ticket/fine and a firearm safety course. (as a refresher)

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Is this a Felony?

I really don't feel sorry for him, though I wonder how a guy shooting in city limits is probable cause for the police to search his gun safe.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    I kind of wonder if the time in prison will increase the former US soldier's love of Country and increase his pride in serving in combat, or perhaps impress him on the illegality of firing guns in a residential area? The US has more full auto weapons, registered & legal, illegal, and in otherwise circumstances in the hands of civilians than likely any other nation in the world.

I guess they are fun, I can hardly afford ammo for my semi plinkers, though. Aside from opinion, if they took his weapon and fined him pretty stiff it woud have been
    more sensible.....

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I kind of wonder if the time in prison will increase the former US soldier's love of Country and increase his pride in serving in combat, or perhaps impress him on the illegality of firing guns in a residential area? The US has more full auto weapons, registered & legal, illegal, and in otherwise circumstances in the hands of civilians than likely any other nation in the world.

I guess they are fun, I can hardly afford ammo for my semi plinkers, though. Aside from opinion, if they took his weapon and fined him pretty stiff it woud have been
    more sensible.....
    It would cost the tax payers less money to.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    The NFA is bullshit, but given the circumstances that charge is an ATF agent's wet dream, and they aren't going to let him off easy.

Still, I've seen killers walk on less time.

Top Bottom