• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    I don't get it. There's a disconnect between the title of your post and the narrative. What does all that have to do with "Man Cave?"

I'm serious. I'm respectful because my father taught me that way. His father, a hard shell Baptist evangelist, taught him. My mother taught me that way. She was gorgeous and didn't mind men noticing but she demanded respect and equal treatment, seeing no conflict between her looks and her worth as a human being.

Yet neither of my parents thought the sort of beautiful photography that was usually showcased in the Man Cave was disrespectful. My father was a photographer in Tokyo immediately after WWII and brought home a love of the hobby. His nude photos of my mom were works of art. I also became a photographer (for a while, when I was young) and created a number of lovely photographs of women in various stages of dress.

Those works of art and the appreciation of them say nothing negative about my attitudes toward women. The same is true of much of what was in the Man Cave. (Yes, not everything found there was high art; I'll give you that much.)

So what does the title ("Man Cave?") have to do with a call to "...see women...Not just with your eyes, but with your heart."? Surely you're not suggesting that seeing with our hearts should preclude also seeing with our eyes...and deeply appreciating the beauty all around us. Right? Or have I missed something?

Ben, sorry for the delay. The title was in reference to the thread about Manning up the Man Cave. I truncated the title and I guess its meaning as well.

Your position is commendable and I think you are in the minority with regards to your high views of women and art. I think most men, out in the world and on this forum, use pictures like the ones in that thread as a gateway to things far removed from the light.

Those are my personal thoughts. In no way did I mean to come across as holier than thou. I was simply trying to provide a different viewpoint than I have seen otherwise displayed here.

I didn't write the article, but I think it speaks a lot of truth. Some people are going to disagree. I'm ok with that.
    Venture Surplus ad

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I think most men, out in the world and on this forum, use pictures like the ones in that thread as a gateway to things far removed from the light.
    So pictures on the internet lead to rape? lmao... You might not trust yourself to look at some swimsuit photos, but don't project your fears onto others.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    A well built woman is just like a well built 1911......A work of art! No matter what the cost of ammo the 1911 will cost alot less in the long run.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I don't think it would be possible to disagree any more with the OP than I do. I dated a lot, got married, divorced after 7 years and had to make a choice.

I wanted a career with a life of adventure and travel so there was no room for a marriage, family and permanent home. In fact, I was so upfront with that with the women that I dated it was impossible to misunderstand! I've been single since 1975 and dated a very large number of women. I treated my lady very well, was generous and we did exciting things together. I never cheated with or on anyone in my life.

Here's some stuff that I learned:

It is said that women don't dress for men, they dress for women. More accurately, they dress in COMPETITION with women. Look at the ads for female undies, bras, cosmetics, and other products. Words like "allure, irresistible, attraction" jump out at you. The way women dress and look is a sales job.....nothing more. They want to catch your eye but resent it when you comment on their gift wrapping because they know you get the true intent! This is the sales job.

Once attracted, the woman chooses between the numerous flies buzzing around her. You may think that you are the only fly buzzing around but that's seldom true. If you've felt that it's a hiring process that includes your net worth, property and generosity, that's true. That's exactly what it is!

The words: "I love you" translate to "I won't leave you." Once the male is induced to say those words, he is caught in the web. Things that may bring a male to this point include sexual favors, being seen as "special", becoming a "best friend" or even being needed as a trusted ally. Regardless of the game plan, the goal is the same....."I won't leave you" (I love you.).

Usually the female will say "I love you" and expect it to be reciprocated. That works well and gives her a sense of where the male is on the purchase process. That's the sale.

Now, comes the reward. The male pays and pays to provide the female a nice home, life and luxuries. You've heard it said many times: "It's never free!" Very true. When the appearance fades and friendship goes south, the partnership lies in ruin, the payment continues and we arrive at the "security" phase.

Security phase boils down to this. Because of what you once had, you owe her as long as you live. Albert Einstein said "Marriage is the attempt to make something permanent out of a temporary incident."

Am I down on women? Heck no, I love women! I have lots of female friends but they know that I'm not up for bid. I know the game and I won't play it.

Need some proof? Read this. I was aghast when I read this admission from a female! Surely, this is viewed as treason!

[FONT=&amp]"it's about power - from the first time a female has sex, we realize we have power over men - it's a pretty heady feeling - men may have power tools, but WE have the ultimate power tool -
    now, we can use sex to make our man and ourselves happy OR
    we can use it as a tool to f** with him and/or f** him over
    -
    more and more, females use it in the wrong way, as they are brainwashed by the media and enabled by other women, that men OWE us -
    women, when talking to other women, are quite frank about these things - they think that since you are a woman, you are on the same page - scary -
    women are not taught that men and women should work as a team - we BOTH bring something to the table -

i love men, but they can be kind of lame - you can promise them sex, give up nothing and get a lot in return - i think this is what this girl did - or she did give it up (in a monica lewinsky kind of fashion) - or she gave it all, but ALL in an effort to manipulate him "

NOW THIS IS THE CONVERSATION THAT I WOULD HAVE WITH MY SON![/FONT]

Flash

Last edited:

subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    I'm not a father, although it is a dream of mine.....one day.

And I gotta say, I hope that I never have to have that conversation. I hope that by the time my (God willing) son gets old enough to notice, he'll have learned enough from the good example that I hope to be that it will be a non issue.

Top Bottom