• robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Uh oh - I've got about 300 rounds of 9mm, 40 of 5.56, 100 of .45 ACP's in my truck right now.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    When I first read about this, the account of the raid on his house is just sickening.
    The thugs kicked in his door late at night, one of his teenagers was in the shower, they kicked in the bathroom door and ran up stairs and stuck guns in the face of the man while he was asleep in bed.

all for 1 bad shotgun shell

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    All because of an angry ex wife and a controlling government.

Angry ex-wives are the source of lots of misinformation.

Its just shameful that they are trying to crucify the guy, when the law was designed for something very different.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Is there a jury that would actually convict this man for having one dud shotgun shell in his home? No shotgun, just a dud round. What is the government really up to here? This alarms me no end. Illegal, unregistered ammunition? WTH? I hope he takes it to the Supreme Court.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Is there a jury that would actually convict this man for having one dud shotgun shell in his home? No shotgun, just a dud round. What is the government really up to here? This alarms me no end. Illegal, unregistered ammunition? WTH? I hope he takes it to the Supreme Court.

Agree to some extent. It would be nice to have the Supreme Court rule in his favor, but what if they don't? Since they frequently don't uphold the Constitution, it might be more problems.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    .............I hope he takes it to the Supreme Court.

That would mean he would have to be convicted, lose all the appeals, etc. And the important part, have a lot of money ($500+/hour attorney, I think the Heller case cost was over $3 million) and backing. Even the best (or I guess worse if it happens) case it would be years and years before his name was cleared.

dreyes89

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    Pasadena
    NRA aught to be making some noise.
    Copied from a Facebook post on NRA page.

National Rifle Association
    Steve Myers, Bryan Turner -- NRA can't simply insert itself into or take over someone's criminal case. We did however provide his counsel with important legal information pertaining to a favorable DC App Ct case on ammo. The*NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund*is available to assist in cases like this but his lawyer never approached the fund for assistance and we heard nothing further from him. You can read about some of the litigation we are supporting here:*https://www.nradefensefund.org/current-litigation.aspx

Top Bottom