• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    NY City is all sorts of fail. The whole damn thing should just drop into the ocean. The rest of the nation won't miss it...

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    laughing-puppets-o.gif

Andy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    WTH is it with NYC cops that they can't flippin' shoot straight?!? They can't blame everything on their heavy-ass NY Glock triggers, surely?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    WTH is it with NYC cops that they can't flippin' shoot straight?!? They can't blame everything on their heavy-ass NY Glock triggers, surely?

Do you have any idea how low the percentage is of shots that find their mark during a police shoot. It's pretty damn low, unless things have changed recently.

Not defending anything about the situation, just adding a little perspective.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Do you have any idea how low the percentage is of shots that find their mark during a police shoot. It's pretty damn low, unless things have changed recently.

But all these stories really make you wonder if the overall percentage is that low because NY keeps dragging the average down.

It's not like a 250 pound man surrounded by New York City traffic, who has his hands in his pockets, is that elusive of a target. Missing a gang banger who was shooting back would be a little easier to swallow.

gcmj45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Houston Metro Area

Not defending anything about the situation, just adding a little perspective.
    Sadly, I do have an idea. Most agencies are well under 40%. In Houston, HPD's number was 38% at one point and they were damned proud of it because it was one of the highest in the country. The infamous NYPD shooting in front of the Empire State building that resulted in nine bystanders being injured by bullet fragments or other debris was an extraordinarily high 55% yet, out of 11 people injured by bullets, bullet fragments or other debris that day, 10 were through direct action of NYPD. Had he lived, the shooter in that case also would have been charged with the injuries of the nine bystanders.

Dredge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Spring
    Sadly, I do have an idea. Most agencies are well under 40%. In Houston, HPD's number was 38% at one point and they were damned proud of it because it was one of the highest in the country. The infamous NYPD shooting in front of the Empire State building that resulted in nine bystanders being injured by bullet fragments or other debris was an extraordinarily high 55% yet, out of 11 people injured by bullets, bullet fragments or other debris that day, 10 were through direct action of NYPD. Had he lived, the shooter in that case also would have been charged with the injuries of the nine bystanders.

I think NYPD would greatly benefit from Ryland's class at Shiloh. It seems to me that they have developed quite a reputation for having a hit/miss ratio that's like odds of winning some lottery. My sarcasm aside.....after reading the article, I'm guessing the officers that did the shooting did not hit their intended target. While I am not walking in their shoes, I think it's safe to say they need to ramp up their firearms training.

Top Bottom