• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    he took the gun from the car it's burglary of a motor vehicle.

Yes BOV (Burglary of Vehicle) is a Class A misdemeanor in Texas.
    Theft of a firearm is a state jail felony whether he returned the gun at a later date or not.

Either way, burglarizing a car (even if doors unlocked) to teach a gun owner a 'lesson' is idiotic. Hopefully they run the prints on the gun and bag and issue a warrant for the suspect.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    What charge?

Theft of bullets?

We can start with that. If you think "good samaritan" avoids arrest in this situation for lack of intent 100% of the time, then you have a lot more faith in police legal skills than I do. Will some cops see this differently than others? Of that I have no doubt.

If the vehicle was on my property, I would insist the police issue a Criminal Trespass warning (since in Texas they have to be warned off before they can ever get arrested). Even if it results in no criminal charges, I wouldn't be in the newspaper quoted as I've learned my lesson.

Not to mention whoever the "good samaritan" who did this is assuming the person they did it to is not malicious. Say for example the person told police there was also a wallet with $2500.00 cash in it that was not returned. Now you have put yourself in a position to defend that you took nothing else out of the vehicle. Just to prove a point. Not very well thought out on good samaritan's part.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I have the feeling the "burglar" was probably his wife, girlfriend, close relative, or smart-ass friend who was trying to teach the owner a lesson.

Top Bottom