• ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To ALL,

Even in nations, that are considered to be VERY UNFRIENDLY to civilian ownership or "simple lawful on-premises possession of firearms", BIG GAME HUNTING by foreigners is ACTIVELY BEING PROMOTED. = VIETNAM, LAOS & CAMBODIA for just 3 such countries.
    (CASH MONEY TALKS & BRAVO SIERRA WALKS, comes to mind.)

The government of VIETNAM will even LOAN "trophy hunters from abroad" GOVERNMENT-ISSUE FIREARMS & provide free AMMO, if the "foreign hunters" choose to NOT bring in their own firearms/ammo for trophy hunting..

CAMBODIA is currently advertising "AMAZING OPPORTUNITIES for BIG GAME HUNTING" (by foreigners ONLY) allover Asia & Europe for DEER, GAUR, WILD BUFFALO & even ASIAN ELEPHANT. .
    (FYI, I have not, at least yet, seen such advertising in the USA.)

yours, satx

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    I’ve seen and been within rock throwing distance to a few mountain lions on my adventures. I’ve shit my shorts or close to several times. Came upon a cat with a fresh kill deer while working in the hills and that cat didn’t like me there. I felt my socks filling up fast.
    Seeing these animals in person is neat and scary experience at the same time. I’ve yet to find me a nice Cougar
    My wife ran onto a big cat several times on her strolls at the lake. No problem. I think he said yes ma'am and walked off.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Sort of serious question. I know what a "cougar" is. Older attractive lady, with a younger boyfriend or boy-toy for some of them!

But what age difference does it take for a woman to be considered a "cougar"?
    For you? She would be telling us about the Civil War and how she danced with with Robert E Lee.

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Forget 20 stones, more like boulders!!!

d32659b79f45d9a09f28d5ae83629603.jpg

All the stones you’ll need.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Sort of serious question. I know what a "cougar" is. Older attractive lady, with a younger boyfriend or boy-toy for some of them!

But what age difference does it take for a woman to be considered a "cougar"?

Axxe55,

USUALLY, about 20 years OLDER than the young man.
    (When I was a "poverty-stricken" senior in college, I FELL HARD FOR an ABSOLUTELY LOVELY & SOPHISTICATED 41YO widow of a local physician, who I met while I was volunteering at the local hospital.)

"EVE-LYNN L___________" was BEAUTIFUL, TALL, TRIM, CHILDLESS & had "a cascade of" FLAMING RED HAIR (I've always had a weakness for REDHEADS.) down well below her waist.
    (I had seen NO college girl at either university in that town, that could come close to being as STUNNING as she was in 1968.)

We flirted at the hospital for weeks until she asked me, "When are you going to ask me out?"
    (I was so STUNNED that I could hardly breathe, much less answer.)
    After a minute or so, she said, "Since you won't ask me, I'll ask you. ------ How about being my date for dinner & then go see ROMEO & JULIET, Saturday night??" (PAUSE) "My treat. - I have GREAT SEATS, down front, just 2 rows back from the orchestra railing."

I was "her special friend" all of that school year & we parted in JUN 69, when I graduated, was commissioned & left for AD.
    (WE exchanged letters & Christmas/birthday presents until AUG 1974, when I got a FINAL letter that said that she was getting married again. - THAT WAS THAT = THE END..)

yours, satx

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    A year ago a mountain lion was photographed sitting in a pasture in rural NW Harris county and the picture was posted on a local talk site. Nextdoor. A person or two commented on seeing it cross the street in more urban areas adjoining Little Cypress Creek. Texas Parks and Wildlife reported that mountain lions are in/can be found at times in every Texas county but a few in the extreme reaches of the panhandle. They may roam for hundreds of miles so one cat could account for several counties.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    A year ago a mountain lion was photographed sitting in a pasture in rural NW Harris county and the picture was posted on a local talk site. Nextdoor. A person or two commented on seeing it cross the street in more urban areas adjoining Little Cypress Creek. Texas Parks and Wildlife reported that mountain lions are in/can be found at times in every Texas county but a few in the extreme reaches of the panhandle. They may roam for hundreds of miles so one cat could account for several counties.

cygunner,

While the male pumas may well roam HUGE areas, the females are "home bodies" & will usually be born, give birth to & raise her kittens, live out her life & die W/I 5 miles of her birthplace, according to the Senior Wildlife Biologist of TWPWD, who spoke to our TMN class in June 2018.

He said that a female will leave her "home territory" only IF a manmade or natural disaster occurs AND/OR there is insufficient prey-animals for her to hunt.

yours, satx

Top Bottom