• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HillRider

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Helotes, TX
    Just because you wear a badge doesn't mean you are above a good ol ass whopin.
    How dare that parent disagree and have words with a police officer. He should have been executed on the spot.
    Lynx Defense

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    But the immediate cop-bashing and personal attacks of long standing LEO members of this forum are what *I* found offensive.
    I didn't see any cop-bashing at the start of the thread, but by the third and sixth posts our LEO versions of Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton started chiming in. Some people always see cop-bashing even when there is none; no matter the situation.

29ntthg.gif

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    FWIW, IMHO there was no reason whatsoever for the police officer to arrest the parent. If something had happened before the video starts, he would have arrested him at that time. Absolute over-reaction and abuse of that cop's position.

Most school districts are run by idiots. School boards don't exist to educate kids; they exist to distribute tax money for contracts to buy food, desks, building repairs, etc. Big school districts have budgets bigger than some Third World countries. Principals are hired to keep parents and problems away from the school board. As a result, schools stick to obeying rules with absolute disregard to any reason or logic. They become like 1930's Nazis. If you ever have to deal with a school on some little issue - like picking your kid up - you can understand the high level of frustration as you try to convince them that something is completely illogical. Anyone notice how the school official steps in long enough to basically say "rules are rules", but never tries to calm down the situation?

Did the parent push all the wrong buttons? Yeah, that seems pretty obvious too. He's obviously been involved in confrontation before this.

Any one of the three men in the video could have kept this from getting out of hand. They didn't. Shame on adults for behaving like (or worse than) children.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The guy mentions a previous problem with the school, I'm sure he was frustrated and don't blame him.

I also think their is some history between him and the cop. That shouldn't influence the officers actions but we all know how difficult it is to separate personal feelings in those types of situations so I'm sure it did.

To me it looks like the father needs to pull his kids from the school and find one that's more in line with what he wants.

I think the schools stance on this is full of retard. At any rate, I'm not sure what else the cop could have done. I don't think the guy would have calmed down unless he were allowed to walk out with his kid (that sentence shows how fucked the situation is). The cop had a choice to side with the school or the father and chose the school.

We also don't know for sure if the father wasn't creating a much bigger scene before the camera came on.

The blame lies on the school, the father, and the cop. I sympathize with the father. School and cop, not so much.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    The guy mentions a previous problem with the school, I'm sure he was frustrated and don't blame him.

I also think their is some history between him and the cop. That shouldn't influence the officers actions but we all know how difficult it is to separate personal feelings in those types of situations so I'm sure it did.

To me it looks like the father needs to pull his kids from the school and find one that's more in line with what he wants.

I think the schools stance on this is full of retard. At any rate, I'm not sure what else the cop could have done. I don't think the guy would have calmed down unless he were allowed to walk out with his kid (that sentence shows how fucked the situation is). The cop had a choice to side with the school or the father and chose the school.

We also don't know for sure if the father wasn't creating a much bigger scene before the camera came on.

The blame lies on the school, the father, and the cop. I sympathize with the father. School and cop, not so much.

It didn't look like the cop had to do anything, since nothing was really going on.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    It would appear the deputy lost sight of common sense resolution options. As a LEO, the focus should be on the end result of peoples' actions - including his own. The outcome here did not serve any positive purpose, for anyone.

I wish more cops would keep that in mind. It's annoying when I have to start using their de-escalation training on them.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    It didn't look like the cop had to do anything, since nothing was really going on.

Just speculating here since I don't really know for sure, but the impression I got was the dad was there to pick up his kid on foot before he was allowed to. The rules said this wasn't allowed. Either the cop had to break the rules and let it happen, stop it from happening, or dad had to follow the rules.

I know it hadn't escalated to the point that dad was in the action of attempting to leave school grounds with said kid at the wrong time, but are there any other possible outcomes than the 3 listed above?

I agree the cop didn't "have" to do anything at the moment he did, and perhaps dad would have backed down eventually, but I'd lay money down saying he wouldn't. If the guy wants to go to jail, why waste time getting him there?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Anybody consider the possibility that someone from the school called to have a cop sent over.

HillRider

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Helotes, TX
    Just speculating here since I don't really know for sure, but the impression I got was the dad was there to pick up his kid on foot before he was allowed to. The rules said this wasn't allowed. Either the cop had to break the rules and let it happen, stop it from happening, or dad had to follow the rules.

I know it hadn't escalated to the point that dad was in the action of attempting to leave school grounds with said kid at the wrong time, but are there any other possible outcomes than the 3 listed above?

I agree the cop didn't "have" to do anything at the moment he did, and perhaps dad would have backed down eventually, but I'd lay money down saying he wouldn't. If the guy wants to go to jail, why waste time getting him there?

Since when do we have control freak cops standing in the office enforcing every idiotic policy of the local schools by the barrel of a gun? I see all the pro-LE points, but the main point is fat ass should be protecting the school from real threats, not arresting parents who have problems with stupid school policies. When you come from the private sector you realize how fucked up our schools are when the students and parents don't come first and the police are used as strong arms of the school/state bureaucracy.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Since when do we have control freak cops standing in the office enforcing every idiotic policy of the local schools by the barrel of a gun? I see all the pro-LE points, but the main point is fat ass should be protecting the school from real threats, not arresting parents who have problems with stupid school policies. When you come from the private sector you realize how fucked up our schools are when the students and parents don't come first and the police are used as strong arms of the school/state bureaucracy.

All government policies are enforced at gunpoint. No exceptions.

Laws are force, period.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    They teach cops to keep their hands in their pockets when they feel "intimidated"?

This is a mess. School administrators and school boards often have foolish policies. Here however, a police officer is in some weird and im not sure how legal of a position of enforcing board policy/school rules?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom