• ...and so much more!
  • txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Could your title be less descriptive?

Although we miss the beginning of that incident (how convenient), after the video starts I see no indication of what would be disorderly in Texas. It does appear to be a case of officiousness on the part of the LEO.

But I wonder, SR9TX, what is your point? Do you have an opinion on this?

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    It would appear the deputy lost sight of common sense resolution options. As a LEO, the focus should be on the end result of peoples' actions - including his own. The outcome here did not serve any positive purpose, for anyone.

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    I just thought it was ridiculous, so I shared it.Even if we were missed anything before the camrea was rolling it obviously wasn't enough to get him cuffed.

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    If you didn't see what happened off camera how can you make that judgement?

I made the judgment that he had not done anything that bad because he was not cuffed.
    I can make that judgement because when the video started he was not in cuffs. Or did I miss somthing?

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    It appears there was over reaction on the LEO, but whenever I see something being recorded (remember, there was someone standing their with a video device for some reason) I'm suspicious.

UncleSamsMisguidedChild

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    San Antonio
    It very well could be that they had a camera running from previous encounters with this guy. If he acted like this all the time, I'd record him too.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 while dropping an Obama

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    It appears there was over reaction on the LEO, but whenever I see something being recorded (remember, there was someone standing their with a video device for some reason) I'm suspicious.

Frankly, all of us are carrying a video device nowadays

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Ridiculous. Deputy Gutoverbelt needs to get a grip.

So the cop who obviously overreacted gets the benefit of the doubt. Typical.
    Re-read the thread. I didn't give anyone the benefit of the doubt. I simply questioned someones comment about what happened before the recording started. I have yet to defend this LEO...in fact I rarely defend anyone, merely withold judgement pending ALL the facts. It is usually the merry band of TGT cop bashers that only need partial evidence to jump on any LEO.
    Sorry to disappoint.

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    Texan2, It might have been your point but I'm not sure your point in this matter makes much sence. I know there is two sides to each story.

But the victim was on the phone calling the police department because yhe cop was a yahoo and it got him nowhere.

Anytime of the day no matter the time/situation/reason me as a parent should be able to remove my kid from school at any given time.A cops not going to tell me otherwise. School is not jail for kids.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Again... re-read what was typed. I was asking about a comment made about knowing what happened before the video began. I have made no comment about the officers actions or whether they were right or wrong.

BTW...you cant go get your kid anytime from school regardless of the time/situation/reason. Thinking that you can is absurd. If the school is on fire, you cant go in. If the school is on lock down, you cant go in. If there is an active shooter, and police are inside trying to neutralize that situation, you cant go in. Attempting to do so only adds to a bad situation and doesn't help any of the kids or responders.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Re-read the thread. I didn't give anyone the benefit of the doubt. I simply questioned someones comment about what happened before the recording started. I have yet to defend this LEO...in fact I rarely defend anyone, merely withold judgement pending ALL the facts. It is usually the merry band of TGT cop bashers that only need partial evidence to jump on any LEO.
    Sorry to disappoint.

Oh, you didn't fail to disappoint. Reading your post in context is quite clear, thanks.

If there's an active shooter, I'd hope your kids already ran for it.

Top Bottom