Man purse...

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by DirtyD, Jan 29, 2009.

1. DirtyD

DirtyD Well-Known

Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
  2. baboon

baboon Well-Known

Do you really want a murse on your shoulder shouting out look at me heres where I keep my gun & spare clip & assorted other shit?

3. DirtyD

DirtyD Well-Known

Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    who said it was for my gun? I am thinking of using ot for work, as a recruiter I am constantly in and out of and switching between vehicles, and seem to accumulate a large amount of crap in my pockets and passenger seat.... figured it might be a more convenient way to keep my crap organized and still be mobile.

4. bfm0072

bfm0072 Member

Apr 23, 2008
    Round Rock
    I have no personal experience with Maxpedition stuff, but reviews are real good. Have you thought about a daypack of some sort? I just started using one and like it.

5. Fisherman777

Fisherman777 Well-Known

Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    How about a leather briefcase that has a shoulder strap? Some of them have lots of extra pockets. They'll expand to hold a ton of stuff.

6. Nodena Ranger

Nodena Ranger New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Downtown Nodena-NE Texas
    Dirty D...You can carry ANY kind of purse as long as you don't cover up your CIB...Ha

7. photofreeman

photofreeman Member

Jan 12, 2009
    I tried one of those shoulder delivery bags. It was like a fanny pack. It screamed "GUN ENCLOSED."
    Probably not what you want folks to think in your line of work. Maybe a soft sided briefcase?

8. DirtyD

DirtyD Well-Known

Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Wish I got to wear it, but I did my combat time with the Marine Corps, and all I got was this Combat Action Ribbon :happy0001: The ones who need to know do, and those that ask why I dont wear one probably have no business asking....

9. kville79

kville79 Active Member

May 24, 2008
    Austin
    Dirty D, I'm pretty sure if you earned your CAR as an 0300 series in the USMC it transfers over as a CIB in the army, or a CAB if you got it while not in the infantry. Wait... you're a recruiter, you should know better about this stuff than me. Maybe it does only transfer over as Combat patch... hmmm...

Just looking at your tag.... we both joined the Corps the same year... I went in Dec. 1998. Hollywood Marine.

Well back to the topic of this thread:

I have a Chairman Mao commie Murse I use, I like it for two reasons... #1 it's a souvenir from my trip to China, #2 it says "serve the people heart and soul" in Chinese on it, kinda a political statement for me.

10. DirtyD

DirtyD Well-Known

Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Yeah, it doesnt transfer anything, I still get to wear my CAR in my Class A and B uniform, but in ACU no CIB/CAB or combat patch. According to the AR 670-1 in order to wear a combat patch I would have to have been in an Army unit attatched to a Marine Corps unit during deployment....Oh and I got my CAR as and 1800 series (Amphibious Assault)
    I got to MCRD in October... doubt we ran into each other, but Semper...

I too had a Mao bag when I did my TAD to Taiwan, but one of the Taiwanese Marines replaced it with a knock off of the Maxpedition Thermite....