• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    It does. My hood has an army of karens who drive around and report "violations."

They city sends me a letter. I ignore it. They send me another letter. I mow it/cut it/move it. Its a fun little dance. The nice thing is I have a great reminder to do stuff I should do anyway, but sometimes I get busy and sometimes things are really slow and I want something fun to do.

Sometimes I purposely leave one weed about a foot tall. I get a letter. I ignore it. I get another letter. I ignore it. I get a citation. I take a picture of my perfectly manacured lawn, complete with the one weed, and head to the city court. There is a city attorney in the back. I show him my citation, my picture of suburban heaven lawn, and one renegade weed. And ask him if the city doesn't have better things to do, as I show him the myriad of other grossly ignored violations I took on my way there. He looks like WTH at my pics, and takes my letter and tells me he will take care of it.

Its not a perfect situation, but the whole thing is Karen driven.
    I am glad you fight back. Western women are a plague on the world. Nothing better to do and emboldened by anonymity
    Guns International

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    The other side of the coin is living in a nice suburban neighborhood that used to be a 55 and older community of standard sized lots, where people generally take good care of their yards etc, but there are always one or two dickheads that devalue the neighborhood with myriads of cars up on jacks, trash all over, tall lawn and even taller weeds.

I can understand living out in the country on acreage one can do whatever. But these people have no respect for others nor themselves. I have two such neighbors. The shadetree mechanic down the street violating zoning laws, and the Millenials right next door breeding Dandelions and Morning Glory that gets into my gravel driveway and the seeds blow onto my carefully manicured yard and landscaping. I have to spend extra time and $$$ for weed killer to fight THEIR weeds.

I don't say anything to them. No Karen action going on, but phuck em with a phone pole. Two families living there (is that the latest trend?) with 4 adults and 2 teenagers and nobody can quit playing XBox long enough to mow the phucking lawn and trim it. Lazy bastards!!! I'd gladly RoundUP the whole thing for them and none of us would have to deal with it anymore.

BTW, the city does have a nuisance property ordnance but it is not enforced. I wouldn't bother making a formal complaint even if I was so inclined, which I'm not, they'd laugh me out of City Hall.

<rant over>

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    The other side of the coin is living in a nice suburban neighborhood that used to be a 55 and older community of standard sized lots, where people generally take good care of their yards etc, but there are always one or two dickheads that devalue the neighborhood with myriads of cars up on jacks, trash all over, tall lawn and even taller weeds.

I can understand living out in the country on acreage one can do whatever. But these people have no respect for others nor themselves. I have two such neighbors. The shadetree mechanic down the street violating zoning laws, and the Millenials right next door breeding Dandelions and Morning Glory that gets into my gravel driveway and the seeds blow onto my carefully manicured yard and landscaping. I have to spend extra time and $$$ for weed killer to fight THEIR weeds.

I don't say anything to them. No Karen action going on, but phuck em with a phone pole. Two families living there (is that the latest trend?) with 4 adults and 2 teenagers and nobody can quit playing XBox long enough to mow the phucking lawn and trim it. Lazy bastards!!! I'd gladly RoundUP the whole thing for them and none of us would have to deal with it anymore.

BTW, the city does have a nuisance property ordnance but it is not enforced. I wouldn't bother making a formal complaint even if I was so inclined, which I'm not, they'd laugh me out of City Hall.

<rant over>
    I'm sure Blackrock has a home in a controlled area for rent.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    Freedom and property rights are a 'double-edged-sword'.

I have a shop that I repair Jaguars and VWs on my property. I also raise livestock. I like to collect 'spare-parts' cars but my neighbors like to throw the 'used' Christmas tree out the front door to let their goats eat.

I shoot my guns and they set off fireworks.

They do NOT screw with me and I do not call the Sheriff every time they do something stupid.

Freedom is tolerance. I tolerate them and they tolerate me.

CITY PEOPLE seem to be the MOST INTOLERANT!
    As long as EVERYONE is compliant, KAREN is happy.

cwo4uscgret

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2017
    near the Alamo
    I doubt if it was an “arrest” or other Qtype of warrant; here’s what was first said: ”FORT WORTH, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – A standoff between SWAT and a homeowner who shot at a lawn mower crew and Code Compliance officers after they gave him a ticket for high grass has ended.”

That‘s what it was, a ticket for failing to mow his grass - but then we have the drive-by media aka the Left’s own news agency modeled after the Soviet News Agency, PRAVDA - which means Truth.

Ignoring the word ticket (not dramatic enough to go with shooting the mowers) the media probably saw a Trump Bumper Sticker, declared him to be a lunatic, and decided to make the situation sound worse.

Of course the true miracle of restraint (more like fear of months of rioting) the police used. Two shots center mass and one to the head - case closed.

If you shoot at the police you sort of are saying I don’t want to live anymore!

Top Bottom