Man Tries To Sexually Assault Woman In Church
    pxl_trans.gif

11123511_BG1.jpg
    pxl_trans.gif
    245553_G.jpg
    pxl_trans.gif
    adtext_horiz_180.gif
    pxl_trans.gif

CORPUS CHRISTI - A man is behind bars Sunday night after police said he tried to sexually assault a 77-year-old woman inside a church Sunday morning.
    Police said the attack happened at around 7 a.m. Sunday morning at the Most Precious Blood Catholic Church on Saratoga Boulevard.
    As the woman fought for her life, some quick-thinking church members came to her aid.
    The church's Pastor, Father Bob Dunn, said though the woman is out of the hospital, "There's going to be a lot of bruising, you know? It's going to take a while to heal, but the psychological damage is going to be much more difficult."
    Police said that attack happened when the woman was opening the church's gift shop. The woman walked over to a storage closet to get some candles when a man approached her and asked her what time the service started.
    "This stranger came from nowhere and grabbed her, and at that point, she somehow grabbed the handle, she literally took the handle off the door, and he pushed her inside and tried to take advantage of her," Dunn said.
    Dunn said she hit the suspect, Frederick Anderson, 35, with the doorknob several times, and her cries for help could be heard by other church members who called police.
    Meanwhile, some of the members of the Knights of Columbus were able to detain Anderson.
    Police arrested him on aggravated kidnapping and injury to an elderly person.
    "This is a brave woman. I mean, she doesn't weigh 100 pounds and she's like 70 and she struggled and she fought him off," Dunn said.
    Father Dunn said the woman suffered a severe cut to the back of her head and multiple bruises.
    The church held a special prayer for her at Sunday's service. Father Dunn said he's asking the church to pray for Anderson as well.
    "I can't imagine that someone could be so filled with hatred and rancor that their soul would be so weighed down to want to hurt an innocent little 77-year-old woman, but we will pray for him," Dunn said.
    Online Reporter: Crystal Jenkins

DK Firearms

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    glad she was able to beat him with the doorknob, one of my co-workers said he saw a pic of the guy on the news and looked bloody while in cuffs

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    UPDATE: 50 years in prison

[url]http://www.kristv.com/news/plea-bargain-for-man-who-attacked-elderly-woman/[/URL]

CORPUS CHRISTI- A man who attacked an elderly woman in September is heading to prison.

Frederick Anderson pleaded guilty today to two counts of aggravated sexual assault of an elderly person in exchange for 50 years in prison. In September, he tried to rape a 77-year-old woman at the Most Precious Blood Church on Saratoga.
    In court today, his victim's niece testified that her aunt is still recovering from a broken back and did not want to testify in a jury trial. State attorneys also said that the victim is satisfied with the plea bargain agreement.
    Anderson apologized for what he did and told the judge he did not want to drag the victim into a trial.
    "The plea, that was the only thing that I could do. That was the only thing I could think of to do than rather go through this and have more pain brought upon her and their families and loved ones. It was the only thing I could do," said Anderson.
    He did face 5 to 99 years in prison and a $10,000 fine. Judge Jose Longoria accepted the plea agreement after hearing from Anderson.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    You could tell by looking at him in that video that he was on some kind of ..... personal excelerant. I think people like that that are caught in the act should be immediately tried given a 3 year allotment for some kind of proof of innocence to come up and then executed. No need to feed a brutal rapist for 50 years.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    He shood have been dragged into the street and shot.

I have no problem with that. And if someone had been caught and prosecuted for killing that maggot, I'd have hung the jury with a Not Guilty vote.

Honestly? If I were a family member I'd pay the AB to terminate the guy in prison. And I have no problem with that either.

Top Bottom