Patriot Mobile

Manipulating the media for fun and profit.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Sideshow revivalist Jim Rose discusses various ways to "Self-mythologize" by getting the media to sell completely fake stories. Remember this the next time you see any news!

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Before watching the video: It happens all the time. Onion and Duffel Blog stories have been picked up by MSM, so have tons of urban legends. One of my favorites was that some MSM sources in Australia and the US ran a "story" about Japanese people buying "poodles" only to discover later that they'd bought sheep.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Before watching the video: It happens all the time. Onion and Duffel Blog stories have been picked up by MSM, so have tons of urban legends. One of my favorites was that some MSM sources in Australia and the US ran a "story" about Japanese people buying "poodles" only to discover later that they'd bought sheep.

Just saw a story this week. Guy thought he was buying poodles but instead they were ferrets on steroids. I clicked on the link but it didn't exist lol I didn't investigate it further. But your reply here makes me wonder if it was a fake story that got picked up.

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    Top Bottom