• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Sure, guns go off all the time, heck, my gun safe is full of holes from my guns going off. Very little information in the news report but if I was LEO I'd be leary of the gun just going off, I'd check for a bullet hole through clothing, if none found, I'd ask the man if he was handling the firearm.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I do not advocate playing with anything while sitting in a public restroom, but if you absolutely have to play with something, pick something other than the trigger on your gun.

Maybe the NDer should ask Larry Craig for advice on alternative ideas on what to do while bored in a public toilet.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Another hang the Gun on the coat hook by the trigger guard?

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Sure, guns go off all the time, heck, my gun safe is full of holes from my guns going off. Very little information in the news report but if I was LEO I'd be leary of the gun just going off, I'd check for a bullet hole through clothing, if none found, I'd ask the man if he was handling the firearm.

The news report indicated he was a CHL holder.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Another one of those guns that just do off. :roll eyes:

With what would he be charged?

Should be able to find something...

Sec. 15-2. Same--Conditions to discharge.
    It shall be unlawful for any person to discharge or fire off any firearm within the city except as follows:

(1) Firing or discharging of a firearm in a shooting gallery that is operating in accordance with all applicable state and federal laws and city ordinances.

(2) Firing or discharging of an air gun on property owned by the party firing the air gun and his immediate family, provided that the discharge is no closer than 150 feet from any structure, except that of the owner, used for human habitation. Nothing contained in this exception shall permit the discharging of an air gun whereby the projectile falls on the land of another.

(3) Firing or discharging of a shotgun during legally authorized hunting season with a license or permit duly issued pursuant to the laws of the state and federal law, provided the hunter has permission from the property owner on which any projectile would fall on or over their property, and provided further that the size of shot that can be used is restricted to size number six and smaller.

(4) Firing or discharging of firearms in defense of self, family or property.

(5) Firing or discharging of a firearm by a duly authorized peace officer in carrying out his lawful duties.

(6) Firing or discharging of firearms when permitted or authorized by the laws of the state or United States.

(Ord. No. 75-17, § 2, 5-20-75)

State law references: Discharge in public place, V.T.C.A., Penal Code § 42.01(a)(8).

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Another hang the Gun on the coat hook by the trigger guard?

Every time I hear that it gives me visions of someone doing that, basically accidentally bumping the gun, it going off, and the gun proceeding to bump/auto fire in a 360 degree circle spinning on the coat hanger. ;) LOL

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Should be able to find something...

Sec. 15-2. Same--Conditions to discharge.
    It shall be unlawful for any person to discharge or fire off any firearm within the city except as follows:

(1) Firing or discharging of a firearm in a shooting gallery that is operating in accordance with all applicable state and federal laws and city ordinances.

(2) Firing or discharging of an air gun on property owned by the party firing the air gun and his immediate family, provided that the discharge is no closer than 150 feet from any structure, except that of the owner, used for human habitation. Nothing contained in this exception shall permit the discharging of an air gun whereby the projectile falls on the land of another.

(3) Firing or discharging of a shotgun during legally authorized hunting season with a license or permit duly issued pursuant to the laws of the state and federal law, provided the hunter has permission from the property owner on which any projectile would fall on or over their property, and provided further that the size of shot that can be used is restricted to size number six and smaller.

(4) Firing or discharging of firearms in defense of self, family or property.

(5) Firing or discharging of a firearm by a duly authorized peace officer in carrying out his lawful duties.

(6) Firing or discharging of firearms when permitted or authorized by the laws of the state or United States.

(Ord. No. 75-17, § 2, 5-20-75)

State law references: Discharge in public place, V.T.C.A., Penal Code § 42.01(a)(8).
    42.01 (a) (8) is display of a firearm, but 7 is discharge. The mental state required is imtentional or knowing, so an accidental would not fly. However, I hadn't considered the city code violation. I am not sure the culpability required for those.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    The first question is what is a man do in a freaking mall anyways?
    Malls are for women, girls and teen boys with stupid looking hair and skinny jeans.

his IWB holster hit the floor when that china cheap jeweled belt fell off of his britches while he was busy returning a really important text message if I'm guessing right.

The only excuse a real man has for even being near a mall is to run into a sears to buy some tools and that's it.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    The first question is what is a man do in a freaking mall anyways?
    Malls are for women, girls and teen boys with stupid looking hair and skinny jeans.

his IWB holster hit the floor when that china cheap jeweled belt fell off of his britches while he was busy returning a really important text message if I'm guessing right.

The only excuse a real man has for even being near a mall is to run into a sears to buy some tools and that's it.

St John's Bay, man. Pennys

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom