• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Anyone ever seen and/or try one of these?

hqdefault.jpg

MantisX is a revolutionary patent-pending handgun attachment that helps firearms enthusiasts and professionals train more efficiently. While attached to a handgun, it analyzes every shot and generates actionable data you can use to improve your shooting mechanics.

My boss at work recently did, and raved about it.

Here is a pretty comprehensive review on it.

Cheers! M2
    Target Sports

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Funny, my boss got to shoot one at a G 'n G event as well (he was there with his wife, who brought it over to show him).

I believe G 'n G members get a discount on these!

Thinking really hard about getting one myself! :D

Cheers! M2

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    I know my instructor got it for practically nothing. I'll check out to see the membership discount on these. I'm actually not a member yet but I need to join.

Jigo23

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 3, 2015
    Anyone running one of these? Was going to order one... but thought i'd get get some unbiased feedback from ya'll.

https://mantisx.com/

Hmmm, whether it’s a golf swing or shooting guns, I tend to be leery of most “gimmicks” and “gadgets”. Just from the website I’m not seeing how it would actually do anything you wouldn’t already be doing, albeit mentally maybe rather than displayed for you.
    Wonder how much it weighs, doesn’t say in the FAQ’s. I believe in practice like you play and play like you practice, so if it added too much muzzle weight that you normally wouldn’t have, I could see that being an issue. I like to practice drawing/firing from the holsters I actually carry. Probably not for me, but can’t say that maybe it wouldn’t be useful to someone else.
    Kinda funny how it touts them as being used by LE agencies yet the pic they chose to use to illustrate that point is of someone shooting on the range but doesn’t have one of these mounted on the pistol
    I vote you get to be the forum guinea pig and get one and give us a review

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Interesting. I looked at a couple Youtube reviews and it sounds good. Before I would buy it I would look for the pros and cons on this, and I may just do that.

Just doing a quick search, it looks like Optics Planet is the cheapest: $149.99, free shipping w/code and no tax.

gwjohns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Fort Worth Texas
    Wife and I demoed one of these at the NRA meeting last month and was really impressed with it. It’s available on Amazon and we plan on buying one soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    You really want to see how shaky you are, mount a laser on your pistol. At $150, I would have to think long and hard before buying the MantisX. Then add in the rail adapter I would need for a Shield, and it jumps to $175. Just what kind of feed back does this thing give you anyway?

Top Bottom