• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I don't know why you asked the question, but I know why I was hoping for a response from the older guys.
    Guess I'll double check the Man Cave in the meantime.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Since there was a legal transfer during the original purchase, why do the manufacturers have the registration card?

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    Good question. Like I said, most don't seem to care who the original purchaser is. With any other product, the manufacturer will tell you to go to hell.

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    Since there was a legal transfer during the original purchase, why do the manufacturers have the registration card?

Do you even know what a "registration card" is, in this context?

It's got nothing to do with gun registration, and "registration cards" aren't limited to firearms - almost every higher-dollar product comes with them.

Perhaps the OP has caused confusion by not calling them their actual name: "Product registration cards".

These are used by manufacturers for data collection, and in the case of you needing warranty work on said product, it has the date of purchase on it.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    confusion? i may have used the wrong name but seems those responding knew exactly what i was referring too

it was just a question out of curiosity - i send then in - i just wondered what the consensus was here

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Mostly I do send them in, especially when there is some incentive like a free knife or range bag or mag as kurt suggested. It has nothing to do with the actual warranty, at least for those manufacturers I've dealt with. Send them in or not, the warranty is as it is stated, and all most companies ask for is proof of purchase. Some don't even ask that.

They use the information to build data bases they can use in determining marketing and product line. And I don't care if I get promotional emails.

Top Bottom