How do you get there from Ft. Worth?

Google shows it in Sherman.
    ARJ Defense ad

David

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    North Texas
    You can take 35W north to denton, take 380 over to 75 in McKinney. North on 75 to Sherman and take the FM902 exit.

Or you could take 35w north up to hwy 82 go 82 to sherman and cut back south on 75 and take the FM902 exit.

DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Id say maybe one and a half or two. I might head out there this weekend.

DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Went today, couple of hours ago.
    Saw a few guys shooting skeet and a Taurus Judge.
    Shot my Mosin, USP, and LCP. Took Pappy with me.
    He only shot two .45s and was done. lol...

I couldn't believe that all we had to do was put three bucks in an envelope and drop it in the box. Thats it, then shoot to your hearts content.

DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    120yrds if I remember right. You can pretty much move the benches where you want.

I went out there last week.
    Probably be out there sometime today or tomorrow.

TAJones

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2009
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Ok, Now I have to figure out how to put the info into my TomTom, Since I am new to this area of Texas.....and haven't been North of Denton, since moving up here...

DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Yep.. no one there yesterday.
    Just some kid named Clayton that rode up on his huffy...
    Had a decent day.

TAJones

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2009
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I am looking for cooler weather as the heat does me in. Does anyone know of a gun store in Saginaw, one that has reloading supplies, does transfers? Being that I am rather new to this area of Texas every trip usually takes me to some new town and most of the time an adventure in getting there and back.

sltintexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    I was in the area and swung by..didn't shoot, just wanted to check it out.

I have to admit I was a little amazed. It appears to basically be a big pile of dirt in some one's backyard. I actually wouldn't have noticed it except I saw the skeet thrower. I drive by it 3 times before I realized it was that.

I didn't see any signs or anything, or a place to put $$. I didn't get out so it may be more apparent if you get out. It was raining and I had my 2 year old in the back.

There are businesses kind of close, and a few houses really close, although they are uprange from the firing line.

Anyway if some one is looking for it, just look for the big antenea.

I don't know what I was expecting....but that wasn't it. I may head out there. I have been looking for a place to bring some steal targets.

DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Its decent. I don't know that they allow steels though. You might check. There is a small building/shed behind the large sheetmetal building that has two boxes on it. One has envelopes and the other is the drop box. Write down your name and license number, throw three bucks per hour in there and drop it in the other box. You set.
    I know, its pretty bizarre these days to have such a laid back, nonchalant range operating on pretty much nothing more than trust.

DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    I think I pissed off the owner. I rolled up and it was kinda muddy. But he watched me drive around the mud and went to shoot. I kinda drove around the fenced off bit. There were others out there too. Anyway. I was leaving and I see him come out on the porch and throw his arms up in the "What the hell." fashion. So... Maybe I wasn't supposed to drive out there... I don't know. He went back in. He didn't come out and stop me driving out there so I don't know... Maybe he'll come out and have some choice words for me next time I show up. Oh well.
    Still, had a good time.

DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Onto the field, like the other guys that were there did.

I dont know, maybe I probably shouldn't have... But he didnt stop me or nothing either...

Top Bottom