• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    They have redistricted and it is a tad confusing. It kind of depends on what office is being voted on. Here is a list of Republican Candidates for Governor:

Greg Abbott (Incumbent)
    Paul Belew
    Daniel Harrison
    Kandy Kaye Horn
    Donald Huffines
    Rick Perry
    Chad Prather
    Allen B. West

Guess I will need to do some research as I know little about some of these folks. Slick Rick is back on the ballot I believe. I wonder if he can remember which Texas departments he will shut down to save a buck.... :banghead:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    It's James Richard "Rick" Perry who served in state government from 1985-2015 as a state representative, agriculture commissioner, lieutenant governor and governor from 2000-2015, and then as the energy secretary on Donald Trump’s cabinet.

It's Ricky Lynn Perry, a computer engineer from Springtown a town northwest of Fort Worth in Parker County...

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    I did not know that Chad was going to run. This is going to be tuff decision between him and west for me

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I know it won't matter to many, but I like that Don Huffines is a fifth generation Texan...
    Aside from the fact that he was born in Texas for which he can take no credit, the rest of his plans are hogwash. No property tax. BS.
    The main issue is to make sure a demorat like Beto doesn't get in and I don't think Huffines is the man to do that.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    It's between West and Huffines for me. I've kept up with West's career for awhile, and he's been consistently conservative in his ideas and actions. But Huffines has been more vocal in his opposition to Santa Abbott's power grabs and concessions to the Dems. And Huffines has a stronger anti-baby-murder stance than West.

Guess I have until Valentine's Day to decide....

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    It's James Richard "Rick" Perry who served in state government from 1985-2015 as a state representative, agriculture commissioner, lieutenant governor and governor from 2000-2015, and then as the energy secretary on Donald Trump’s cabinet.

It's Ricky Lynn Perry, a computer engineer from Springtown a town northwest of Fort Worth in Parker County...

That really could screw things up.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Aside from the fact that he was born in Texas for which he can take no credit, the rest of his plans are hogwash. No property tax. BS.
    The main issue is to make sure a demorat like Beto doesn't get in and I don't think Huffines is the man to do that.

“Abolish Property Tax” is more of an attention grabbing slogan than anything else. I haven’t heard anything to go along with it like how the fund will be replaced or what would be cut to make up for the lost fund. While I have big issues with property tax, he really doesn’t provide a solution.

Not to mention he would have no power to make it happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Man I really wanted to like Crenshaw, and initially was willing to overlook some differences.

But jeepers…those differences make all the, um, difference. He’s a swamp creature.

cb5950dc0c0101a7f2bf608edca27dde.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    It's between West and Huffines for me. I've kept up with West's career for awhile, and he's been consistently conservative in his ideas and actions. But Huffines has been more vocal in his opposition to Santa Abbott's power grabs and concessions to the Dems. And Huffines has a stronger anti-baby-murder stance than West.

Guess I have until Valentine's Day to decide....

If you think West or Huffines can do any better, than vote for them. I don't, and won't.

Top Bottom