• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WillieD

Mar 19, 2009
    Lewisville, TX
    For those that attended the Tactical Shotgun Match at the Dallas Pistol Club a few weeks ago, the results are now available on their website.

[url]http://www.dallaspistolclub.com/tacticalshotgun.php[/URL]
    (scroll down to see the results for each month)

This was my second Tactical Shotgun Match to attend, and I did much better this time around. The one in Feb I finished 9th overall and 4th in the pump class, but in the March match I finished 4th overall and 2nd in the pump class.

If anyone is thinking of going to one of these in the future, I would highly recommend it. It is inexpensive as the match only costs $15 to compete and bird shot does not cost much at all. This match gives you the chance to bring our your shotty and have some fun in a very safe and controlled enviornment. There are not a lot of places that you can use out your 18-20" barrelled shotgun and shoot at steel targets.
    Texas SOT

WillieD

Mar 19, 2009
    Lewisville, TX
    How is the match for beginner tactical shotgunners? I haven't had any defense shotgun training.

It is great for all skill levels. February was the first time I went, and had no experience using my shotgun with that setup. My shotgun is dual purpose and has the normal stock with 28" barrell during dove season, and for the rest of the year has the 18.5" barrell, +2 mag extension, and SpecOps NRS stock. All I have ever used a shotgun for is dove hunting and had only shot about 10 rounds of buckshot in its HD setup out on my dads land a while back. I think this is a great way to become more comfortable with your HD shotgun in a controlled environment. Just be sure you follow their rules and there won't be any problems.

WillieD

Mar 19, 2009
    Lewisville, TX
    May results have been posted to the Dallas Pistol Club website. I totally blew it in stage 2 which costs me a spot in the final ranks, but I still had a great time out there.

This is a fun event that I recommend to shotgunners of all experience levels. Another DTAS member was in my group who had absolutely no experience with their shotgun. Everyone in the group gave him pointers and helped teach him how to handle the gun safely and get more comfortable with it throughout the stages.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom