• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    I just posted a reminiscence about something that I saw while on Lejeune, and it got me thinking about something else I saw on that same field op (I'm pretty sure it was the same one). I really need to get this out - it weighs on my mind heavy at times.

I confess to Sgt. Borders that it was me and Cottman who killed that snake.
    I confess that we handed it to two Corporals (I can't recall their names), knowing full well that they intended to place it in your sleeping bag.
    I confess that we all laughed about that all through evening chow, and we drifted off to sleep giggling like little girls.
    I confess that we slept soundly until we were awakened twenty minutes later by a "mysterious scream" from two guns over.
    I confess that I almost messed my trousers when I heard that scream, and saw all the other NCO's nearly doubled over in laughter.

I confess that I'm laughing still as I type this.
    I confess that I can still imagine the look on your face that I unfortunately never got to see.

...and lastly, I confess that this isn't really a confession - more like bragging.

...I honestly could NOT tell you however who ordered you all that Rogaine promotional information on that WestPac five years later when I again found myself in the same unit as you. :rolleyes:
    DK Firearms

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Honestly - I just thought about posting something that we could all laugh at.

...geez, I hope Sgt Borders isn't from Texas and reading these boards.

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    LOL...sleeping bag?

You truly mean "fart sack" don't you?

Semper Fi

And join the USMC Affliates social group!

I just posted a reminiscence about something that I saw while on Lejeune, and it got me thinking about something else I saw on that same field op (I'm pretty sure it was the same one). I really need to get this out - it weighs on my mind heavy at times.

I confess to Sgt. Borders that it was me and Cottman who killed that snake.
    I confess that we handed it to two Corporals (I can't recall their names), knowing full well that they intended to place it in your sleeping bag.
    I confess that we all laughed about that all through evening chow, and we drifted off to sleep giggling like little girls.
    I confess that we slept soundly until we were awakened twenty minutes later by a "mysterious scream" from two guns over.
    I confess that I almost messed my trousers when I heard that scream, and saw all the other NCO's nearly doubled over in laughter.

I confess that I'm laughing still as I type this.
    I confess that I can still imagine the look on your face that I unfortunately never got to see.

...and lastly, I confess that this isn't really a confession - more like bragging.

...I honestly could NOT tell you however who ordered you all that Rogaine promotional information on that WestPac five years later when I again found myself in the same unit as you. :rolleyes:

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    I was thinking about making a thread or something where us fellow servicemen and women could post all the crazy stories we all carry around with us.

...some day, I'll tell you guys about "The Yucca Man"!

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Oh, I have plenty of "Yucca" stories... you know he glows in the dark right? Seems that he like to appear around the time they close the Whiskey Chuck and streak his bare naked glowing ass through the female quarters.... Then leap, unexpectadley from the rafters of an A frame onto the head of un-suspecting Platoon Sgts....

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    I seem to remember being at 29 stumps and being told to hide the jeep (yea I know, we still had jeeps back then) of course, being in the exact middle of no ^@%#$#@ where, we dug a hole and buried it..... the Butter bar wasn't too happy when he found out what we did.... The Capt. however thought it was the funniest thing he had ever seen.... even brought us out some cold beer while we dug it back out....MG

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    I had five Privates well on their way to having a position dug to hull defolade on a Amtrac when the Loouie stopped em, and I mean WELL on their way....

TexasR.N.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Rampart
    To the 2nd Lt. we sent roaming across the desert @ 29 palms at night, looking for comm, who promptly sent him over to survey/met, who sent to the gun line, who sent him back to us, to repeat this cycle again......thanks for your sense of humor.

Craig

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Somebody go to supply and get me two boxes of grid squares, 100 yards of shore line, the keys to the hummer and a can of beep for the horn.... and when you get back we need to collect an exhaust sample... Oh and dont forget to find me a PRC-E7!

Top Bottom