Capitol Armory ad

Marine Corp Amphtracs - What is TO&E for a Rifle Company?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    I went to meet my BIL yesterday (Friday 01.04.22) to pick up my XD .45 Tactical. (Thanks, BillyPratt75 - the pistol is exactly as you said!)

Anyway, I was driving by a training area and I noted some vehicles that seemed out of place to me. I blamed it on my failing eyesight and age. So, on the way back, I stopped and took some pictures which seemed to confirm that I actually saw them. So that is why I am asking about the TO&E to figure out what is going on.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    These?

Amphibious Assault Vehicle AAVP-7A1 (formerly known as Landing Vehicle, Tracked, Personnel-7 abbr. LVTP-7)?

1648925679403.png

And Marines call them "amtracs," short for their original designation, "amphibious tractors;" not "amphtracs!"

They are used by USMC Amphibious Assault Battalions to support/transport rifle squads, but wouldn't be a part of the latter's TO&E!

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    The Amtracs would be assigned to an infantry unit in General Support, which means they would be available for Frag Orders.

If they they were “Attached”, the infantry would be responsible for their fuel, maintenance, etc. which is beyond their capability obviously.

Top Bottom