• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 19dsdm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    ROYSE CITY
    guys,
    im a former Marine (0311) with 4 overseas deployment 2 of which were combat, im currently a Staff Sergeant in the Army and have 1 tour to iraq with another coming up in Oct. and i have lost more friends that i care to remember.
    all that being said, its cool when we get discounts and stuff like that, i had to buy a new dishwasher today and lowes gave me a 10% discount, i do appreciate that, but i sure as hell wouldnt be mad when i didnt get something for free that wasnt offered. my going overseas does not give me some special right for free crap. i feel awful for that young Marine, but if he could talk i bet he would have said 'SHUT UP AND PAY THE DAMN MONEY'

'IT TAKES 43 MUSCLES TO FROWN, 17 TO SMILE, BUT ONLY 3 FOR PROPER TRIGGER SQUEEZE'
    Gun Zone Deals

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    guys,
    im a former Marine (0311) with 4 overseas deployment 2 of which were combat, im currently a Staff Sergeant in the Army and have 1 tour to iraq with another coming up in Oct. and i have lost more friends that i care to remember.
    all that being said, its cool when we get discounts and stuff like that, i had to buy a new dishwasher today and lowes gave me a 10% discount, i do appreciate that, but i sure as hell wouldnt be mad when i didnt get something for free that wasnt offered. my going overseas does not give me some special right for free crap. i feel awful for that young Marine, but if he could talk i bet he would have said 'SHUT UP AND PAY THE DAMN MONEY'

'IT TAKES 43 MUSCLES TO FROWN, 17 TO SMILE, BUT ONLY 3 FOR PROPER TRIGGER SQUEEZE'

I do not disagree with your statements at all and thank you for your service!!!!

But what I am driving at is that to many people in this country have no regard or consideration for the service you performed and the sacrifices you made.

I visit other forums each day there is a very large number of people out there that look upon your service no differently than how people viewed Korea and Vietnam vets; with disgust and profound disrespect.

This is what I can't stand!
    It may be that I feel very privileged to be protected by such selfless people that I feel all Americans should feel the same as I do. People such as yourself made sacrifices so I can sit here right now and rant and rave in relative freedom to do what I wish, when I wish.

Once again, THANK YOU!!

19dsdm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    ROYSE CITY
    you are absolutely right,
    a lot of people dont care, or even have disdain, but that is EXACTLY what we're fighting for, not in spite of them, but because of them. Every one has a right to there own opinion and thoughts, regardless of how stupid they are. Freedom of thought, speech and religion. Unlike 2 American journalists jailed for 7 years in Korea, or protestors in Iran getting shot, jailed, beat up. They may be jackass's, (which they are) and probably borderline communists, but they are free, same as you, me and everyone else here.
    I think the greatest handgun is the SA XD in 45, how many people on here will disagree with THAT statement?? lol

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    you are absolutely right,
    a lot of people dont care, or even have disdain, but that is EXACTLY what we're fighting for, not in spite of them, but because of them. Every one has a right to there own opinion and thoughts, regardless of how stupid they are. Freedom of thought, speech and religion. Unlike 2 American journalists jailed for 7 years in Korea, or protestors in Iran getting shot, jailed, beat up. They may be jackass's, (which they are) and probably borderline communists, but they are free, same as you, me and everyone else here.
    I think the greatest handgun is the SA XD in 45, how many people on here will disagree with THAT statement?? lol

Point taken and duly noted sir!!!

Yes you are right but is still burns my ass!

I'm looking at the XD 45 compact in my not to distant future.
    Need to add a 45 acp to the collection.
    The last one I had was a worn out Colt 1911 I got in a trade and it was well used. I traded it off shortly after acquisition. LOL!!
    It rattled like a baby rattle when shook. Sounded like it would fall apart any seconds; lot of FTF, FTE,FTC

19dsdm - thanks for joining our group - hope to see ya at the range soon.
    Any questions just PM me.

Thanks

-MadMo

19dsdm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    ROYSE CITY
    i will be at the next shoot, unless im working of course, i get to see my kids on the weekends only, and sometimes not even then. you want to know about the people that really deserve our thanks? its the wife and kids. just let me know when and where. im there.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I dunno, both sides have their points. In my book, I'd find it hard to charge vet or non-vet in this circumstance.

But what do I know, my friends used to kid me ... They said I'd rather make a friend than make a profit.

So does this mean cops have to pay for coffee and donuts now?

19dsdm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    ROYSE CITY
    lol, and no, coffee and donuts is a right of passage isnt it?? thats like sayin if you tip the cow, you get the last shot......

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    You know, I have a good friend, young guy now in his later 20's that serves 2 tours in Iraq, the 2nd not so pretty.

He's a party hound so when he was home he was out partying, or just out a lot. He got so much attention if he was in uniform (rare but there were times) and got so much free stuff and special treatment that he felt it was overdone. People went over board, but he got really drunk and eat well, free, a lot. He also used his military ID when he could and got special treatment several times. Including a really bad early AM stop when he could barely stand, but was driving and didn't even know he'd just destroyed a wheel because he didn't realize he was running over medians in his truck. The Officer noticed. Military ID came falling out with DL. He was taken home, not to jail. If you knew him and that particular situation; he didn't deserve to go home.

Special treatment is special, it's not an entitlement. Someone might appreciate what your do and thank you, shake your hand but they don't owe anyone anything.

You can think the big mean business has all the money in the world and should let him in free, Grandpa in free, the lady with cancer in free, the guy who just lost his wife in free......the list can go on and on but they aren't entitled. I know, I know, a lot of you expect entitlements just because (yet you hate the Dems? )

Special treatment is special, it's not expected or owed nor entitled; it's not even always appreciated.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Geez, I remember this amusement park. I remember going there back when it was called Deer Park Funland. Could still hand-feed white tail deer (after purchasing some feed for them).

It's tiny and kind of pathetic. Our family used to bypass it and go to Cedar Point instead once my brother and I got older. Used to live about an hour and a half from Deer Park/Michigan Adventure (the early ads were horrible: crocodile cartoon character and bad Aussie accent a la Crocodile Dundee), while Cedar Point was more like 5 hours.

... but a much better park.
    Damn your comfort If I see a man or woman in uniform eating at a resturant and I can afford it, I will have your waiter/waitress bring your parties check to my table. Don't like it, too damn bad.

Oh and THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!

You'd go broke pretty fast here in San Antonio.

well there used to be something called 'the customer is always right'..when is the last time anyone has seen that?

Customers pay money. Someone who doesn't pay you money ain't a customer.

Top Bottom