• TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    [url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,568585,00.html[/URL]

OK I chedked the date on this one... lol

HAGERSTOWN, Md. — A Marine sergeant charged with faking battle injuries to get freebies intended for wounded warriors will plead guilty, a Marine Corps spokeswoman said Monday.
    Sgt. David W. Budwah, 34, of Springhill, La., will enter the plea at a court-martial hearing Wednesday at the Marine Corps Base in Quantico, Va., 1st Lt. Joy Crabaugh wrote in an e-mail.
    Crabaugh wouldn't say what offenses Budwah will acknowledge. "That will all be addressed Wednesday," she wrote.
    Budwah faces eight counts, including making false official statements, malingering, misconduct and larceny. They carry combined penalties of up to 31 1/2 years in prison and a dishonorable discharge.
    Prosecutor Marine Capt. Thomas Liu declined to disclose terms of the plea agreement.
    Neither Budwah nor his lawyer, Marine Capt. Kelly Repair, returned calls from The Associated Press.
    Budwah is accused of bluffing his way into 33 events last year, including six rock concerts, two Washington Nationals baseball games, a Washington Redskins football game and a World Wrestling Entertainment "Monday Night Raw" show. Sponsored by various civilian groups, the events often included special recognition of injured service members in attendance.
    Related Stories

Budwah also is alleged to have worn eight unearned medals and decorations on his uniform, including bronze-star campaign medals from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan
    2.gif
    . Other unauthorized decorations included a humanitarian service medal denoting work on the 2004 tsunami relief effort, the government has said.
    Budwah claimed in a speech to young boys at an American Legion camp near Sabillasville in July 2008 to have been wounded in Afghanistan when he dove on a homemade grenade to shield a buddy from the blast — a false story, the government contends.
    Instead, Budwah was with a radio communications unit in Okinawa
    2.gif
    , Japan, from early 2000 to early 2006, and then at Quantico, the Marines have said.
    The government claims he faked post-traumatic stress disorder in July 2008 in hopes of leaving service early and was sent to the National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, where he began bluffing his way into wounded-warrior events.
    Military Camp

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Some where the Marine Core screwed up in his training.
    A true Marine would have never considered or done this IMO!
    I have know way to many Marines and Honor is high on the list of attributes.
    There was no Honor in these acts!

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Drag him out to Iraqistan, with an empty rifle and no body armor. I know that myself and too many of my friends earned our "war stories" the hard way. I, and they, have no interest on if they impress you or not. To do what he did trivializes what the rest of us do. He should have been happy that he had contributed and accomploshed more than most. He is no Marine......

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    The United States Marine Corps does not award campaign ribbons nor battle stars for battles fought in beer joints, bars, bawdy houses, nor with honorable serving US Navy Personnel.....But should award the creep a "No#1 Brig Rat" citation !!!

Semper Fi

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    From knowing the Marines I know, he will be out cast and never will a Marine call him a Marine ever again. This is all just from the guys I know, the guys that know that Semper Fi is not a catch phrase for a Marine it is a way of life.

Top Bottom