• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    [/I'm not saying that leaving the GOP is inappropriate but it isn't the only way. QUOTE]
    The GOP continues to move left it's being pulled left by big donors, liberal media, unless conservatives are able to change the system then a third party is the only hope, not something I like but I refuse to vote for Jeb Bush or Hillary so for me something has to change or after 50 years of voting I'm done. Sadly a total collapse of our system may be necessary
    before we see change.
    That is why I posted this. The fact that guys like me, you, mark Levin are nearly done with the party speaks volumes.

I think last time I voted 3rd party it was for Pat Buchanan. If they run someone unacceptable in the general election I may have to do it as much as I hate to.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    That is why I posted this. The fact that guys like me, you, mark Levin are nearly done with the party speaks volumes.

I think last time I voted 3rd party it was for Pat Buchanan. If they run someone unacceptable in the general election I may have to do it as much as I hate to.

Jeb Bush states he doesn't need the base basically saying he knows what is best both on common core and immigration, with that thinking may as well vote Hillary both are cut from same cloth. Early on in my life I voted both parties when we had a two party system now it appears to me they morphed into one.

NeckBeard

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Jeb Bush states he doesn't need the base basically saying he knows what is best both on common core and immigration, with that thinking may as well vote Hillary both are cut from same cloth. Early on in my life I voted both parties when we had a two party system now it appears to me they morphed into one.

Jeb and all them are a sideshow act right now and the media will pick the GOP presidential candidate like they did with McCain and Romney. Hillary will be coronated if obama doesn't start a war with russia and pull an FDR giving himself a third term.

PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    Listening to levin whine, how can you tell he's any unhappier than any other day??? Besides all he does is talk, Got to much of that going on already.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Jeb and all them are a sideshow act right now and the media will pick the GOP presidential candidate like they did with McCain and Romney. Hillary will be coronated if obama doesn't start a war with russia and pull an FDR giving himself a third term.

Media loves Jeb he is a progressive, second they like Romney the third would be Paul, don't misunderstand they don't want them to win simply it would be good theater to have them run against the queen. The base will not vote for any of the 3 and media understands that while the GOP leaders do not.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    Media loves Jeb he is a progressive, second they like Romney the third would be Paul, don't misunderstand they don't want them to win simply it would be good theater to have them run against the queen. The base will not vote for any of the 3 and media understands that while the GOP leaders do not.

Why wont the base vote for Paul?

The media doesn't want Paul, they just don't have enough on him to criticize and attack him relentlessly. Also, it seems more and more the fringe liberal voters might vote for him. This would be crucial in swing states like Ohio and Florida.

If you are commenting on the ignorance of the general mainstream Republican base, then I would agree with you, but if you are saying that Paul is not a quality Constitutionalist, Tea Party, liberty-minded candidate, I would have to say you are crazy.

What the GOP needs, now that they have the majority in the House and Senate, is a candidate like Paul or Cruz, who can provide leadership to the GOP and establish the party agenda as Constitutional and libertarian. This will expose all the frauds in the Republican party or at least keep them in check, so they have to support liberty to maintain their status.

Last edited:

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    If you are commenting on the ignorance of the general mainstream Republican base, then I would agree with you, but if you are saying that Paul is not a quality Constitutionalist, Tea Party, liberty-minded candidate, I would have to say you are crazy.
    Crazy I may be, been called worse, but Paul is not a true Tea Party guy, more open borders type, he talks a good game but the more he talks(primaries) he will lose the base. However if you like Paul your call vote be happy but he cannot win.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    Crazy I may be, been called worse, but Paul is not a true Tea Party guy, more open borders type, he talks a good game but the more he talks(primaries) he will lose the base. However if you like Paul your call vote be happy but he cannot win.

I've never heard him say one word to suggest that he is "open borders." I honestly don't know where you are getting that information. Even his father, who is closer to a true libertarian, didn't support amnesty and open borders like apparently most of the Republicans in Congress judging by the last spending bill.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    The GOP has nothing to do with a political stance anymore. It's a good-ol'-boys-club that is more interested in maintaining their power base and cutting deals to line their pockets and those of their buddies. It's becoming harder and harder to tell them apart from the Commiecrats across the aisle.

Forming a 3rd party will cede power over to the Commiecrats. Yes, ultimately you might get control of the government, but by that time the Left will have so many things under their control that you won't be able to extract their tentacles from society.

To be honest, I think we're already past that point.

Washington has become such a political cesspool that I find it hard to have any faith that I am actually being represented at all. It makes me sick to think what kind of a nation we are leaving for our children and grandchildren.

I WON'T donate to the GOP. If I can, I may help individual candidates that show me that their values are at least similar to mine. (Unlike some fanatics, I am willing to concede that there are virtually no politicians that are 100% in line with all of my beliefs. I will settle for having the big items covered.)

Mark Levine is only stating what many of us have been complaining about for a long time. I forecast that the new Congress in 2015 will not be much different from the useless cockroaches that we've seen in the past few years. And I forecast that the GOP will make every effort possible to nominate Jeb Bush or Christie or some other lame-ass RINO under their control as the presidential candidate.

I'm too depressed to continue.

NeckBeard

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Were Reagan and the Bushes for "open borders"? Yep

Reagan's name is to be spoken in reverence per conservative dogma. How dare you bring up his amnesty. Just don't remind all the so-called freedom loving patriots about his machine gun ban in 1986.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Can't stand his voice or radio style. If this is his wake up call he's been sleeping too long. When they put McCain up as the guy against Obama is when I figured the GOP no longer represents me.

I'm just a stone trow away from Ripon, WI where the GOP was first founded. (Debated)

Top Bottom