• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flashguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2008
    Dallas, Texas
    I went Sunday afternoon (after church). Crowds were reasonable, a few tables already closed/empty. I wasn't looking for anything, so didn't buy anything (except a hot dog and a couple of Diet Cokes). I did see 10 people I knew, 4 at a set of tables where I expected it and 6 just walking around--a couple I'd not seen in several years. All in all, a good afternoon.
    Capitol Armory ad

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Ok. Who knows cowboy? Always set up on the first aisle on the right as you walk in.

Rude MF'r with a fake looking red beard. Wears a donkey hat.

I learned years ago not to hand him anything because he would always talk shit about it then hand it back.

This last weekend he turned his back to his table and played cards with some random guy and ignored anyone who wanted to buy.

Who does that???

texagun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    North Texas
    Ok. Who knows cowboy? Always set up on the first aisle on the right as you walk in.

I learned years ago not to hand him anything because he would always talk shit about it then hand it back.

This last weekend he turned his back to his table and played cards with some random guy and ignored anyone who wanted to buy.

Who does that???

I know the guy. I tried to buy a replica Texas Ranger badge from him that he had on his table. He said he couldn't sell it because it was against the law. I told him it was a "replica". He insisted he would be arrested if he sold it. I found an identical badge a few tables down from his and bought it. He also sets up at Canton on 1st Monday in the barn. He's very abrasive to talk to or deal with. His prices are outrageous. I have no idea why he even goes to the shows.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub

Who does that???

i'm not sure i know this specific guy - but there are PLENTY like him at this show.

i went to one table - was looking at an old Browning shotgun that I believed was a Superposed - i'm in the market to buy an older superposed. so i ask first "can i handle this?" he nods

i pick it up to inspect and he is sitting on his ass - about 10 feet away - i ask him a couple of questions. because of the distance - he can't hear me very well -but makes no effort to get up and come talk to me. i stood there and looked at him - he was more interested in talking to his buddy behind the table

so i set it down and walked away. this show should be called the Guns, Knives and Flea Market crap show.......i truly dont know how some of these guys make their table fee's

i've also become numb to the big tables full of black polymer pistols - there is no distinction - just a sea of cases with black pistols sitting on them - unlikely to find a good deal unless you have all day

i bought one of those paracord AR rifle slings - for 40 bucks - the gal at the table didnt speak the greatest english but she was friendly and patient with my questions

the AK prices are still high in my opinion - but the over all gun shortage seems to have faded - there were a BUTTLOAD of Springfield M1A rifles at that show - and these rifles were really tough to find 6-9 months ago

i like this show - it's a big hall and so you get lots of vendors - but there is a fair amount of junk and crap to wade thru....unless of course you're looking for german WW2 paraphernalia

TheCytochromeC

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    DFW
    I was there at the same time as ARGUY. I was on a mission so my mouth was full of beef jerky and I was power walking through the show to see if I could find a RIA 1911 in 10mm. The only thing I saw that peaked my interest was a digital camo ruger american in .270 for 320$ cash out the door. There were some pretty cool collectable firearms there.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    I was there on Saturday AM. Bought a new range bag to replace the one wearing out and 5 books. One was the rare and hard to find Clawson book on the 1911 (the Bible of 1911 collectors). Got it for $200 less than I can get it on the internet. Cheapest one I've seen in years. Also bout 2 books by Kuleck and Meadows book on US Military Pistols. Got Goddards book on the Government Models.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I was there on Saturday AM. Bought a new range bag to replace the one wearing out and 5 books. One was the rare and hard to find Clawson book on the 1911 (the Bible of 1911 collectors). Got it for $200 less than I can get it on the internet. Cheapest one I've seen in years. Also bout 2 books by Kuleck and Meadows book on US Military Pistols. Got Goddards book on the Government Models.

I forgot to mention the guy with the books! I'm a rare/antique book collector and his table had me drooling (not on the books of course).

I don't even want to talk about the money I spent at his table.

Extremely impressive collection!

DexMorgan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2013
    Texas
    Speaking of the gun aspect of gun shows...it seems that there are usually only a few dealers with reasonable prices and a whole bunch of others who think their guns are worth $200+ more than fair market value. How do some of these dealers make a living? Do they really think someone is stupid enough to pay their exorbitant prices without walking around a bit for a better deal? Maybe so. Maybe I'm overestimating the consumer.

DexMorgan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2013
    Texas
    And don't even get me started on all the cheap crap nylon holsters that I can't believe people are actually buying...LOL

GPtwins

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    So, I took my wife to her first gun show and she seemed to enjoy the entire thing. It was a nice relaxing day and we did not spend too much money...no new gun buys. We did, however, narrow down to three, her gun choices. Now I just have to figure out which one she gets.

We were walking down the isle and a post caught my eye. My dear bride exclaimed that she knew what I was looking at. To which I answered, I am married not dead.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    Speaking of the gun aspect of gun shows...it seems that there are usually only a few dealers with reasonable prices and a whole bunch of others who think their guns are worth $200+ more than fair market value. How do some of these dealers make a living? Do they really think someone is stupid enough to pay their exorbitant prices without walking around a bit for a better deal? Maybe so. Maybe I'm overestimating the consumer.

i wondered the very same thing

And don't even get me started on all the cheap crap nylon holsters that I can't believe people are actually buying...LOL

no shortage of those holsters - i just walk by them....the market is just flooded with them

RunnerRunner

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 15, 2013

Yep, they will pay. I've had the exact same gun on a table $30 less then the guy across from me. I spent time with the person telling them about it, etc. I then saw them later in the day buying the gun at a higher price. It was only a $300 gun too. Some people don't care about the money (very few) and some don't want to waste the time walking around trying to save money. And others just like doing business with certain people no matter what.

texagun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    North Texas
    I forgot to mention the guy with the books! I'm a rare/antique book collector and his table had me drooling (not on the books of course).

I don't even want to talk about the money I spent at his table.

Extremely impressive collection!

I spent quite a bit of time at his table too. He had the large Charles Clawson book on .45 Autos (now out of print) for $700. That's a bit out of my budget for a BOOK. I did drool over it for a couple of minutes though. Luckily it was covered in cellophane.

Top Bottom