Join TexasGunTalk

Market Hall gun show

Discussion in 'Events' started by Fishhog, Jun 10, 2018.

1. MTA89

MTA89 Lives in a van down by the river TGT Supporter

Mar 10, 2017
    Almost Oklahoma
    This 100%. Tons of young shooters love history and want to own the guns that were used in WW1 and WW2 but they cant even get near them now. I have a C&R FFL and I have used it once in the past two years. I just got out of the military right before that POS shot up that school in Conn in 2012, and the prices of milsurps went through the roof.

Do you think if they pass all that crap to tax every online sale that gun shows will bounce back to what they use to be some? Or will the jackasses behind the table jack up the prices even more since more people would probably come out for the shows?

TheProphet likes this.
  2. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    I am sure the majority of gun show dealers will "pass the savings on to us!" as they did when .22 ammo was scarce, etc. :p

As mentioned, some of these vendors would bite the hand that feeds them. I understand it takes a financial and time commitment to set up at these shows, and honestly I doubt it is very worthwhile for the vast majority of them; but those that don't realize the online competition (easily researched using the GunDeals app) gives the advantage to the buyer are usually the ones that complain that no one is buying anything!

I for one will gladly pay a bit more for the opportunity to get to hold and inspect the firearms prior to purchase, and I also prefer to "invest" my money in local businesses; but when I can get the exact same weapon for over a hundred dollars cheaper online I no longer feel as charitable!

That said, I have had great experiences with many gun show vendors. Mark Chernushin, Dreadnaught Industries and AJC Sports are a few that have taken great care of me in the past and with whom I gladly do business with. They are what makes going to the shows worth the effort, but unfortunately they are the exception and not the norm...

toddnjoyce likes this.
  3. MTA89

MTA89 Lives in a van down by the river TGT Supporter

Mar 10, 2017
    Almost Oklahoma
    I agree. There are a few vendors that I go to for the modern stuff but I cant remember their names, I just recognize their sign when I go.

The only show I went to recently that was very good was the show in Mesquite. I saw a good amount of affordable milsurps. Also alot of Russian AKs priced right.

majormadmax likes this.
  4. deemus

deemus TGT Addict

Feb 1, 2010
    DFW

I paid $110 for mine.

5. deemus

deemus TGT Addict

Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I laughed.

6. Moonpie

Moonpie TGT Addict Lifetime Member

I raffed as well.
    Just like I do when I see that beat to tatters box of .250 Savage ammo the silly vendor has been trying to sell for $73.76 since 1995.
    You would think they would get tired of dragging that junk around?
    How about those goofy prices on Python and Diamondback revolvers? Come on fella’s. They’re just six shot .38’s.

7. Moonpie

Moonpie TGT Addict Lifetime Member

Its sad to see the milsurp thing dying.
    Many of us started out with a beat up old Mauser or Enfield. It was how many came into the hobby.
    Heck, even the Bubba hacksaw jobs are stupid priced.

majormadmax and toddnjoyce like this.
  8. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    What?!? Russian AKs priced right, and you didn't call me?!? :p

Don't make that mistake twice!!! :cool: