• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigDBasser

#OMHIWDMB
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2014
    Mesquite
    Sorry I missed you, was there by 10. Went looking to buy any 1 of 4 new guns on my bucket list and not only didn't see any at a good price, I didn't see any period. Thought the show was missing a lot of tables and people. Must of been the weather. They didn't even have the side building open. Maybe Lewisville will be better next weekend.

TX-Badger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2016
    Dallas, TX
    I went yesterday, found a couple 1911 mags I was looking for at pretty good/competitive prices. There were a lot of open table spaces....I was wondering if the weather played a role? Last time I went to this one, there seemed to be more dealers there than there were this time. I'm hoping the next show in Ft.Worth at the Will Rogers center will be better.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Yeah, it seems there are fewer vendors every time I go. I went ready to blow some cash and couldn't find anything in couldn't live without. I did pick up a range bag and a mag though.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    The FW show is still at Will Rogers and the city charges $8-10 for parking, depending on how far away you park.

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    I went yesterday, found a couple 1911 mags I was looking for at pretty good/competitive prices. There were a lot of open table spaces....I was wondering if the weather played a role? Last time I went to this one, there seemed to be more dealers there than there were this time. I'm hoping the next show in Ft.Worth at the Will Rogers center will be better.
    Thanks for the heads up. The weather certainly is a factor for me not going Saturday. You might give the Lewisville show a try next week. It is a smaller show than the FW shows but it does seem to have best from FW and some better prices. The Lewisville, Big Town and Allen shows seem to be the "just right" size for me.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I haven't been to that one, is it bigger?

It's actually supposed to be the largest & best attended gun show in the whole region - I think it happens four times a year (if I'm not correct, I'm sure someone will correct me). I've never been myself because between the cost of admission and the cost of parking, I've just got this 'mental thang'.... especially, if I'm going to spend MY money shopping for guns & gear! [And yes, I am a 'buyer' at such gun shows.... last one I attended, I spent almost six hundred bucks for a new gun so I'll be damned if I have pay so much for the "privilege" to enter a building to shop]. The admission & parking wipe out any potential savings to be had especially when I can order online w/o tax (and have a $10 FFL, if needed). BK climbing down off his soapbox now....

Last edited:

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    BK climbing down off his soapbox now....

LOL ... can't disagree with anything you posted.

In your "mental thang" calculation, have you considered fuel and mileage?
    For me, it would cost more than the $10 parking fee to round trip Market Hall or Big Town.

While I think it's ridiculous, it can be the lesser of the ridiculouslessness ...

TX-Badger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2016
    Dallas, TX
    I'm going to go the Lewisville gun show this upcoming weekend. I gotta say, I went back yesterday for a bit, and overall, it was disappointing. I feel like there were a lot more vendors at the Fort Worth show at the end of November.

Top Bottom